lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Got my new stuff installed...still got a problem somwhere.

Okay, so I just finished installing the new AXE4844, HD solenoid, and HD f&R switch as well as 6 new Napa 8146 batteries.

Now Scottyb, I know I wasn't supposed to do this (battery murder), but I just had to run it down the driveway (100 yards) before I charged it.

I could only squeeze 10.4 mph out of it?? I measured the battery pack voltage and got 37.6 v. Could it be that the batteries need to be fully charged or is there more to it than this?

The only two things left to change are the motor and the throttle!!!

There is one more thing. When I removed all the wiring I had a small blue wire that ran from the common terminal of the driver side micro switch to the negative post of the solenoid. I noticed that Alltrax wiring diagram didn't show this so I called them. They said not to hook it up. Well I didn't and nothing happened..couldn't even get the solenoid to kick in. I then reconnected it and everything worked just fine. What is this wire?

I also noticed that the reed switch or interlock in the charger port must be bad because the red/red white wire was connected to the + battery post. I reinstalled this the same way.....
buddy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Got my new stuff installed...still got a problem somwhere.

One more thing. I did add an inline fuse holder to the red/red white wire from the charger port. I know this wont effect speed, but another thing I have noticed is that now my charger sits at about 8-9 amps (for about 3 hours now) instead of the 4-5 amps when I had the old batteries. Would this inline fuse or the fuse that you install with the alltrax cause this?
Old 03-28-2010, 05:40 AM   #3
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy48 View Post
One more thing. I did add an inline fuse holder to the red/red white wire from the charger port. I know this wont effect speed, but another thing I have noticed is that now my charger sits at about 8-9 amps (for about 3 hours now) instead of the 4-5 amps when I had the old batteries. Would this inline fuse or the fuse that you install with the alltrax cause this?
UPDATE: After about 4 hours, the charger dropped down to the typical 4-5 amps. I let it charge another hour and thne I unplugged it because I didn't want it to charge over nigth and cause problems. I measured voltage this morning and got 38.4. Plugged the charger back up and it went up to 10 amps then dropped back down to 4 amps after 15 minutes. It has been on charge for an hour now at 4 amps.

SOmething just seems weird. I didn't figure it would charge this long with new batteries. I am going to let it go another hour and see what happens.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy48 View Post
UPDATE: After about 4 hours, the charger dropped down to the typical 4-5 amps. I let it charge another hour and thne I unplugged it because I didn't want it to charge over nigth and cause problems. I measured voltage this morning and got 38.4. Plugged the charger back up and it went up to 10 amps then dropped back down to 4 amps after 15 minutes. It has been on charge for an hour now at 4 amps.

SOmething just seems weird. I didn't figure it would charge this long with new batteries. I am going to let it go another hour and see what happens.
Charger shutoff like it was supposed to!!

Took her out and still only got 10.5 mph. When I barely pressed the throttle, the light on the controller turned green, at WOT it was red/green. Maybe an orange color with the two together?? Based on what alltrax says it should be yellow??

I tested the motor as best I know how and had continuity between S1-S2, A1-A2, but not between any S or A.

I do not know how the controller is programmed. I need to get an RS232 cable from work to see. It has the plug brake on it so I am wondering if this could slow me down?
Old 03-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

don't know about your alltrax problems, but the first time you charge new batteries, it will take a lot longer than normal. I think my charger ran for about 12 hours. so, nothing out of the ordinary there. how fast was your cart before changing the controller?
scrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #6
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

THe charge ran about 7-8 hours and then it cut off. The speed was 10.2 prior to the upgrades????
Old 03-28-2010, 07:44 AM   #7
scrunner
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

huh. you will need to have a look at the programming like you were saying. bet that was a let down after all that coin you dropped!
scrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:01 AM   #8
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrunner View Post
huh. you will need to have a look at the programming like you were saying. bet that was a let down after all that coin you dropped!

You better belive it!!
Old 03-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Everything is normal. I don't see any problems ... except that you have not read any of the new battery info we put out here for the members. If you had, you would know what to expect from the initial charging.

10.5 is about right for a golf cart. You now have the ability to draw more amps than a stock cart so you should pull hills better than the stock controller but you have not done anything to increase speed. THe Alltrax gives you the ability to run taller tires, that will increase speed...

Question for you... how many cycles does it take for the batteries to reach their full capacity?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:30 AM   #10
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Everything is normal. I don't see any problems ... except that you have not read any of the new battery info we put out here for the members. If you had, you would know what to expect from the initial charging.

10.5 is about right for a golf cart. You now have the ability to draw more amps than a stock cart so you should pull hills better than the stock controller but you have not done anything to increase speed. THe Alltrax gives you the ability to run taller tires, that will increase speed...

Question for you... how many cycles does it take for the batteries to reach their full capacity?
12!! I knew that. BUT, you cant tell me that something isn't wrong somewhere. I get 10.2 with stock tires. Install 22" tires, and only get 10.5? Something aint right!! I dont have it figured out yet, but something is fishy??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO