lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #21
wilddonkey
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: engine and clutch question

I wish I knew :( I'm still waiting on my engine to be shipped.
wilddonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #22
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I have to get a couple things out of the way before I donate my pennies to the motors, but will be soon. Guy tells me to just have the stock clutch bored out to fit instead of the adaptor? Plan to run the stock starter for now. I'd like to get a different clutch but really the way I use it most I don't care about shifting and idling. What I would like more is to be able to tune the clutch with springs/weights.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #23
svmoore
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

jumping in late here, but i am now looking at a duromax 16hp for my g2. after buying the motor, what else is required to get me moving? will the exhaust be an issue for campgrounds??
svmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #24
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I posted on some other clone threads, I got a lifan 16hp and putting it in now. Using the yamaha clutch got the adapter from CPP. Was going to do it last weekend didn't get to it, will this weekend. Have to cut the crank down and tap it more then can make an engine mount. Sure have to figure out the exhaust and airbox. I plan to put a car airbox on it if I can, huge filters are $10, then pipe it to the front if possible. Thinking of a car muffler maybe large tractor/mower/etc but they are pricey. Figure I'll make a pipe from conduit. The muffler it comes with is said to sound like a lawnmower, too loud for me I need quiet like stock.

If you buy a 1" clutch you just slap it on there, but still have to do the mount/exhaust. The stock air filter kind of sucks just a piece of foam. Using the stock cart muffler or airbox will result in loss of power at least at speed.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha