lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
tjnpd116
Not Yet Wild

Default On vacation need help. Powerwise charger

In Florida at Disney, charged batteries fine. Full charge. Drove 500 yards, plugged charger back in, light flashes at first like normal but then green light comes on solid for 5 seconds, then light goes off and nothing else. Any help quick! Thank you
tjnpd116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: On vacation need help. Powerwise charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjnpd116 View Post
In Florida at Disney, charged batteries fine. Full charge. Drove 500 yards, plugged charger back in, light flashes at first like normal but then green light comes on solid for 5 seconds, then light goes off and nothing else. Any help quick! Thank you
Run the cart longer and get the voltage down. Sounds like the charger is a smart charger and it is detecting the batteries at full charge so it shuts off. If you have a volt meter, check your batteries and verify that you have a full charge (38+ volts) if so, don't worry about the charger. If you see less than 37 volts and the charger isn't charging, then buy a new one.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
tjnpd116
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for replying. Ran cart for 1 hour. Still same thing. Usually when it shows full charge the light stays on solid, but now it's going off and doing nothing. On vacation so I don't have volt meter and only limited tools. I know I'm not able to give much technical information right now but maybe some one has seen this before
Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Are you saying that you cannot run your cart at this time or are you saying that you have a "Light" issue and the cart still runs? In your first post you state you drove the cart 500 yards then put it on the charger... why?... did it die? Maybe it's me not having enough coffee this morning...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry I don't have much experience with your charger, one thing to check is the plug end and the socket on the cart, if one of the contacts is pushed or bent, you might not have a good enough connection. I've seen automatic chargers start up, but never charge the cart due to bad connection at the socket on the cart. Look around and see if someone else has the same cart and will let you try out their charger!
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcitech View Post
Sorry I don't have much experience with your charger, one thing to check is the plug end and the socket on the cart, if one of the contacts is pushed or bent, you might not have a good enough connection. I've seen automatic chargers start up, but never charge the cart due to bad connection at the socket on the cart. Look around and see if someone else has the same cart and will let you try out their charger!
Lot's of folks at the "Fort" that have all makes of carts... as well as chargers...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
tjnpd116
Not Yet Wild

No it didn't quit. I just allways plug it in when I get off. Tried other charger that someone had and worked fine so I guess my charger is dead
Old 05-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yup. Take it down to the shop
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #9
tjnpd116
Not Yet Wild

Would it hurt anything to just hook up 12 volt chargers to batteries and charge them that way. I was thinking using a 3 bank deep cycle charger and charging it that way all six batteries charge at same time, just have to hook up two batteries to each bank. Would that mess up controller if I turn switch to tow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO