lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
FireBall
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Welding G9 rearend

Pulled the rear end out of 1991 G9 today and opened it up then removed the spider gear assembly and I am now lost as to how i'm suppose to weld them locked so please any help would be great

And yes I already know the risks that come with welded spiders but I dont care about the risks I live out in the country and i'm offroad 100% of the time and i'm sick of getting stuck because only one wheel pulls so any input on how to lock these suckers would be great thanks,Preston
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00261.jpg (48.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00262.jpg (51.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00263.jpg (54.3 KB, 19 views)
FireBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Re: Welding G9 rearend

I should have taken pics of mine when I had the diff apart it would be easier than explaining, but I just welded the spider gears together where they touch and then ran some beads along the outside of the gears to fuse them to the carrier case. The spider gear that you have out of the carrier case in the pic, I did not weld...also be sure not weld over the mating gears 3 or 4 teeth that it out sets on.

BTW you will love the welded rear end off road and they're not too bad on road either. Good luck!
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
FireBall
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Cartz View Post
I should have taken pics of mine when I had the diff apart it would be easier than explaining, but I just welded the spider gears together where they touch and then ran some beads along the outside of the gears to fuse them to the carrier case. The spider gear that you have out of the carrier case in the pic, I did not weld...also be sure not weld over the mating gears 3 or 4 teeth that it out sets on.

BTW you will love the welded rear end off road and they're not too bad on road either. Good luck!
Thx man thats all I needed to know
FireBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Fire BAll take pictures of what you are welding please......thank you.
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
scott hightower
Not Yet Wild

Columbia

I welded the spider gears on racecars for years with no trouble at all. The rear ends were ford 9" with 500 HP engines. So you shouldn't have any problems with the golf cart gears.

You don't need to weld them solid. All I did was fill in 2 adjacent teeth with weld so the gears could not rotate. Be sure to clean all of the oil off before welding and use a high tensile rod.

Scott
Fab Manager
Welders360
scott hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha