lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #11
stalt
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Neglected G1, tune up and...

Great thanks for all the replies! This things starts up ok, but whenever I am taking over something that runs...I like to have a baseline to start from. I will do the initial tune up with teh carb cleaning and clutch cleaning and go from there! Great call on the oil mix ratio just to be safe. Will definately do that. The guy before me told me he was running 20 - 1 ratio! That is nasty compared to 100 to 1! I will go get some yamilube and mix it up until this batch of oil is done. THree is smoke coming out the exhaust, so I'm thinking it is flowing free at least for the moment.

Right now I am just waiting for parts! I dont want to spend a ton of cahs as We are hoping to get a newere electric cart probably next year. Just want to get this one running good for the rest of this year.
stalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Note the G1 runs 100:1 at partial throttle, but under load (more throttle) it gets more oil. I don't know what the max oil is at full throttle, 40:1 would be a guess. Most people that mix only run 50 to 80:1 depending on their normal use.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #13
stalt
Not Yet Wild

So I mixed up some 70-1 with yamalube since the gas tank was almost empty. Ran 100% better without any other tune up items as I am still waiting for parts. That 20 -1 gas was killing it. I coudn't believe the difference.

Cleaned the throttle linkage too as it was going into gear as soon as the key was turned. cleaned it up and fixed that problem and really am quite shocked at how much better it runs. can spin the tires even! I can't wait to get the new drive belt on though as this one is super sloppy.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The G1 should idle still when you press the pedal just enough to run, and still get full throttle pedal down. Clean and lube the clutches too it helps a lot if they are dirty/dry. That much oil can affect the jetting too.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #15
stalt
Not Yet Wild

By going into gear I meant it started to move!lol! NO gas pedal at all! turn the key and away you would go both forward and reverse! Not safe at all! Will get to the clutches and carb this weekend I think
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha