lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs down RXV trailer hitch is worthless

I received a trailer hitch that I purchased online from a place called Just Golf Carts and from the start the install was a nightmare.
First the directions tell you to drill a hole in the plastic to access a nut welded into the frame... They didn't tell you that you had to cut away plastic about some 8 or 9 square inches of it to get the hitch to fit up snug to the frame. Then when its all installed if you put some pressure on the tongue, say about 30 pounds, it slides down, pivoting on the 2 bolts holding it to the frame, and puts a bind on the two inner bolts that it attaches to in the plastic bumper.
Not only did I have to hack up my new cart I have a bumper hitch that not worth a crap... and the seller can only apologize. That was 80 bucks out the window...
NoTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV trailer hitch is worthless

Not only the $80 out the window and the worthless hitch, but now you have a cut up cart.

That's a bummer.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Maybe it's me: I am a bit of a perfectionist... But maybe I can salvage it with some u clamps or something like that. The darn thing pivots on the 2 bolts that go into into the frame. I made a hitch out or 1" square tube that was stronger than this... I had it on my Club Car that I sold and could pull an full size enclosed trailer with it... this thing would bust something if I put a small dump cart on it with150lbs of dirt in it.
I know I will never do business with them again...
Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

This is what I found that I believe is the problem: The gap seen in this photo gives the hitch the ability to pivot on the 2 bolts that mount it to the frame. The 2 bolts that are forward tighten into a body clip on plastic and you have a flex at that point.
I am removing the receiver tonight and rebuilding the hitch to my liking. I will post more later...

Old 08-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV trailer hitch just got better

Please note that after my shortcomings with the original hitch, I set out to improve it. After my re-engineering of the hitch, I am quite happy with the end results.

I am 240 lbs and I bounced on the receiver with no problems... but now I see I may need to add a leaf to the cart.

Here is a close up of the hitch after I re-engineered it. I lower the front of the receive to correct the angle. I filled in the crack between the 1" square tubing and the original 1" X 2" tubing that the manufacture used with some Dura-glass and painted it.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #6
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad you turned your disappointment into something you could use. Congrats on the persistence.

I'm going to be building one from scratch before "parade" season starts.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO