lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
Bill In Georgia
Not Yet Wild

Default DC/DC Converter location....

On a 2006 Club Car Precedent where did/does the factory locate the DC/DC voltage downconverter...???
The heavy duty 30 amp unit I have is 8X8X5 --pretty big....and I think the ONLY place for it would be on the back panel right in front of the motor.. thern feed the wires through into the battery compartment??
I also have to figure where to mount a + & - eight wire fuse block...??

-Bill
Bill In Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: DC/DC Converter location....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill In Georgia View Post
On a 2006 Club Car Precedent where did/does the factory locate the DC/DC voltage downconverter...???
The heavy duty 30 amp unit I have is 8X8X5 --pretty big....and I think the ONLY place for it would be on the back panel right in front of the motor.. thern feed the wires through into the battery compartment??
I also have to figure where to mount a + & - eight wire fuse block...??

-Bill
The 2006 Precedent doesn't come with a converter since it has 4 12 volt batteries. Battery #4, (passenger front side,) is what's normally used by CC.)

I have a much smaller converter, (48v to 12v,) and it's mounted under the cover for the OBC/Controller as well as a fuse block I attached to the floor of the same. You can see the silver fins of the converter in the first picture and the fuse block in the second.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1242.jpg (123.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1243.jpg (104.6 KB, 72 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
sajohns
Not Yet Wild

Scubabud thanks for those pictures and explantion !!! I didn't know I had a converter!! Any how I'll look today to see if I have a fuse block in mine. If I don't I will probably be bothering you for help to add one. Thanks again !!!!
sajohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
Bill In Georgia
Not Yet Wild

Worked perfect ...mounted the 8X8X5 30 amp DC/DC converter on the battery wall above the motor ... ran the cables into the battery compartment..set up a dual 12v feed .. a group of 4 feeds in the battery compartment and a group of 4 in the dash board...
Can turn the 12v system on/off from a lite switch on the dash ..have auto type fuses on all eight negative and positive line....
Works good, at 50.6 v on a full charge getting 12.43 volts on the DC/DC system ..reading made one hour after full charge!!

-Bill
Old 10-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
seadoo10
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

How about some pics...
seadoo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
Bill In Georgia
Not Yet Wild

Sure ..Take some on Sunday and post ...

-Bill
Old 10-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajohns View Post
Scubabud thanks for those pictures and explantion !!! I didn't know I had a converter!! Any how I'll look today to see if I have a fuse block in mine. If I don't I will probably be bothering you for help to add one. Thanks again !!!!
sajohns,

I added my converter as well as the fuse block. On a Precedent since there are 4 12 volt batteries, battery #4 is used as the 12 volt source. I wanted to draw from all batteries at the same time so I added the converter.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #8
Bill In Georgia
Not Yet Wild

The DC/DC converter, (quite large) was located on the battery rear panel inside the motor compartment ...the "EV Drives" has the in/out cables all together at the top of the case so its easy to feed them into the battery compartment. Inside the battery compartment, two 12v runs were made one for the battery compartment and one fed up to the rear of the dashboard. Each 12v feed has 4 outlets and all are fused. All wiring was #12/14 multi strand wire from "Del City.com" ....
The speedometer is from "Endurance" featuring a magnetic pulse counter driving the Endurance Computer, simple to install ... the cable from the dash mounted speedometer was feed to the right front wheel, inserted into a snug fitting metal tube, so the telescopic adjustment of the sensor/ magnetic was easy ..and the sensor tube was "Putty Epoxied" to the Spindle.
A electrical print/pictures are enclosed for review...

-Bill

Old 10-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #9
seadoo10
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the pics Bill. The cart looks great.
seadoo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Cart looks great... but FYI for those who are wondering... A Precedent equipped with a factory converter would have it mounted directly behind the front suspension. There's a small cavity there, between the two frame beams, just before they go under the belly pan. It's pre-drilled from the factory and a reducer may be added at any time for those cars that don't have one.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car