lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2010, 03:30 AM   #11
dougonbay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Starter/Generator Belt

I have a 1989 not a 98....eeeech....sorry.

Took off a Gates 7330 and replaced it with same. The adjuster still has 1 - 1.5 inches of travel left. I'm going to take the belt off the starter and see if I can rotate it full throw, maybe there's a cable or something else stopping it. Will let you know.

Thanks,
Doug
dougonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

well that takes me out of this eqaution. im only faMILIAR WITHT HE FE ENGING MODELS NOT THE PRIOR MODELS. SORRY.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #13
bikernut
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I got the new one on and have plenty of adjustment left to retighten in a few hours of use. thanks
bikernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #14
RudeJoe
Getting Wild
Club Car

I know this is an old post but I thought I'd offer some advise in case this thread shows up when someone does a search on tightening this belt...

I needed to get my belt tighter and discovered that my 2' pry bar was the perfect tool to assist. I was able to fit the pry bar behind the starter from the top and pry up to pull the starter away and tighten the belt. This pry bar was a good length to sit against my shoulder while I tightened the bolt with 2 hands.
RudeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
RudeJoe
Getting Wild
Club Car

Okay, so if anyone reads this thread since I bumped it...

I have an '89 and need to change this belt out now. It looks like I need to remove the drive belt to get the starter belt off/on. Is this correct or am I missing something? Thanks
RudeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeJoe View Post
Okay, so if anyone reads this thread since I bumped it...

I have an '89 and need to change this belt out now. It looks like I need to remove the drive belt to get the starter belt off/on. Is this correct or am I missing something? Thanks
Yes you do need to remove the drive belt Joe. Just roll it off the pulleys. Some are a little harder than others but it's not so bad even on the harder ones. Lift the belt to edge of the pulley and hold it there while you rotate the other pulley and apply pressure outwards on the belt. Just watch you don't nip your fingers. replacement is the reverse of removal.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:25 AM   #17
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's some funny stuff!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
This might sound silly; Roll your old belt off and your new belt on. bugger the reccomended specs, I run a new belt as tight as a drum, damp weather at standard CC specs and it sounds like a goat fuc*ed HillBilly who needs a good corn holing. Standard specifications do NOT take in to account the ambient temperatures and relative humidity of your particular State, so Just jam it up tight and neatly avoid the need for a "tow home" and it's messy connotations
With all due respect and no offense to poofters who enjoy a sturdy "cheek rattler" from time to time. Good on yer

Chris.
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

chris i ran into a guy this weekend who wasn,t paying attention to removing the belts and had his kid with him........took the whole tip of one of his fingers off to the 1st knuckle..............it was ugly......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #19
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
chris i ran into a guy this weekend who wasn,t paying attention to removing the belts and had his kid with him........took the whole tip of one of his fingers off to the 1st knuckle..............it was ugly......................
Dayum, I guess someone gassed the motor ? Which reminds me: Caveat, REMOVE the ignition key and send all children, wives (and dogs weighing more than 12lbs) to a minimum radius of 60 Feet whilst performing this operation.
Sounds bloody painful does that BTW, BGW cannot be held responsible for the irresponsible respondents who by irresonsibility give the irresponsible few who (merely wish to attain responsibility amongst their peers) irresponsible notions. (Or something like that)

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Dayum, I guess someone gassed the motor ? Which reminds me: Caveat, REMOVE the ignition key and send all children, wives (and dogs weighing more than 12lbs) to a minimum radius of 60 Feet whilst performing this operation.
Sounds bloody painful does that BTW, BGW cannot be held responsible for the irresponsible respondents who by irresonsibility give the irresponsible few who (merely wish to attain responsibility amongst their peers) irresponsible notions. (Or something like that)

Chris.
.................... .....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car