lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Morning Folks- the batteries might have hit the fan!

To help everyone remember, I share a cart with 2 sets of in laws, at out place in the country. The in laws are unique, they do not ANY Battery should be Left charge more than a couple of hours. Automatic chargers are not reliable and timers chargers are just as bad. NO good at all- deep cycles are handled just like care batteries

When I copied all of the great information and Manuals that a lot of you sent me. It was still not changing their Minds ( or what little they have) NOPE THAT IS NOT TRUE? WTF?

The cart was left dead from labor day till this past weekend. The Lester timed charger would not hit a lick on it. I hooked up My Mac industrial 12/24/36/48/
charger for forklifts and plant carts. It started out taking just under 15 amps and by the time we left on Sunday it was taking a little over 20 amps-

and had little umph to the cart- regrettably I did not have my meter to check the voltage.

Is this probably a bad thing or could it be a good thing?

I have told Cindy, I will not help with the cost of new batteries, unless people agree to handle them properly- The family said I could leave the chargers plugged in as long as I agree to rebuild the barn when it burns down!

I should say hell yes- How many times has that happened at all the golf courses across America daily

So I am having a fix my Bad boy sale and getting rid of stuff I will not use- LOL
I just won a new browning shotgun pump 12g and it has to go- Dislocating right shoulder 5 times and tearing collar bone out of sternum and tearing left rotator cuff, I do not need that kind of recoil on my shoulder anymore- LOL
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
BLakeside
Gone Wild

Default Re: Morning Folks- the batteries might have hit the fan!

CS the answer is obvious. Don't share a cart! Buy your own. Your share of the cost of new battery's every 2 years ( from poor maint's ) for 6 years is close to what you could buy your own cart. Also the thrill of blowing the hub caps off your inlaws cart will make your day,many times over.
BLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

DIddo, they do not deserve to share a golf cart with a thinking man ~ let them buy batteries each spring I know how hard you have tried to educate them, even brought them a copy of the charger manual, Hell no. I wouldn't ante up for batteries they killed. Just my opinion
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I like your way of thinking-
one of my son's friend is gonna buy the shotgun, and altrax is getting closer- LOL
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO