lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
kc4wd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Motor to PQ

OK, My motor is all boxed up ready for UPS pickup tomorrow to Plum Quick. Weather permitting it should be there Tuesday. I asked for the torque wind, so what can I expect when I get it back? Other than a purple handle, and a smile.

My cart info, 07 PDS, 23"tires, 4 Ga. wires, DCX500, 400a solenoid. 36v for now.

Do I need to call alltrax and get a custom program?
kc4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Motor to PQ

I am also sending my D&D 505 (shunt) motor to Quick Plum. I asked the same question regarding the "program" or field map. I have a 500 AMP Altrax controller and they said I should use the same field map that I used on the stock motor. They advised I should see an approximate 25% gain in MPH over the stock motor. I clocked the speed using a Garmin GPS with the stock motor at 28 MPH. If they are correct I should see 33 MPH. Will post results......
300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
kc4wd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks 300! So I don't need a custom field map, but which one should I run? They really don't make any sence to me yet.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
Not Yet Wild

Contact Altrax (the controller MFG, they are very nice) and give them the make and model (P/N) of your motor and they will email you the correct field map for your application. You can down load the software from their website for free. You will need to purchase a set of cables to connect to your controller but its pretty simple and their web site will give you the set of instructions. I have changed a couple of motors trying different combinations. Torque verses speed motors and have simply down loaded the field map for each specific motor. Its nice have the ability to change motors and having a programmable controller. Good luck. Happy to help anytime...

Almost forgot. I was advised by Plum Quick that I should turn off the Regn in the controller which is also pretty simple. Rick advised that the motor would be better off of the Regen was off. Thought I would pass that on.

Motor ship off today
Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
kc4wd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the software and the cable and have pluged them in and turned off plug brake and turned turbo on etc, what I don't understand is the 4 fieldmaps in the software, What do they mean? If I give alltrax my motor part number, but it will have a custom wind from PQ, what good will that do.
Does this make sense?
Old 01-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

The field mapping will probably change on the PDS motor...No longer stock... Contact PQ to see which program they recommend.
Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #7
Not Yet Wild

I asked the same question to both PQ and Altrax and they both advised me to use the same field map the was installed for the stock motor. I know it sound odd but thats what I was advised to run. When I get my D&D motor back from PQ I will re-install the stock field map for that motor. I was advised that the motor will run approximately 25% faster than the stock set up using the original field map. Altrax or someone with more knowledge than I have should be able to answer specific questions regarding the field maps and motor combinations. Please let me know if you discover anything different.

When I bought the cart it had Altrax field map #4 installed. Cart ran 32 mph after a few mods. I was happy as crap until I contacted Altrax and they advised me that my motor had the wrong field map installed. They said if I keep running it that the motor would blow up. So I installed the "correct" field map they provided and the cart slowed down A few MPH but it runs much cooler and seemed to be ok. I loved field map #4 it screemed like my Small Block Chevy! Good Luck.....
Old 01-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
kc4wd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp Daddy View Post
The field mapping will probably change on the PDS motor...No longer stock... Contact PQ to see which program they recommend.
Thanks PD, I'll talk to PQ about it when they call me and let me know its done.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #9
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

From what I've read... Incorrect Field mapping leads to the magic smoke escaping from the housing of the controller???
Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #10
kc4wd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 View Post
I asked the same question to both PQ and Altrax and they both advised me to use the same field map the was installed for the stock motor. I know it sound odd but thats what I was advised to run. When I get my D&D motor back from PQ I will re-install the stock field map for that motor. I was advised that the motor will run approximately 25% faster than the stock set up using the original field map. Altrax or someone with more knowledge than I have should be able to answer specific questions regarding the field maps and motor combinations. Please let me know if you discover anything different.

When I bought the cart it had Altrax field map #4 installed. Cart ran 32 mph after a few mods. I was happy as crap until I contacted Altrax and they advised me that my motor had the wrong field map installed. They said if I keep running it that the motor would blow up. So I installed the "correct" field map they provided and the cart slowed down A few MPH but it runs much cooler and seemed to be ok. I loved field map #4 it screemed like my Small Block Chevy! Good Luck.....

300 Your telling me to run the program for stock, then its wrong, and I need to call and get a custom field map. this is confusing me. I'll talk to PQ first as PD suggested, then I'll call Alltrax. Thanks for the help guys!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO