lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Totally confused on ID of a cart

Went to look at a cart today..thought if was a series, then I thought it was a DCS it was labeled...Direct Controll System or something like that on the side. anyway. Its a
1999 EZGO
FnR lever behind leg
Key on dash
run tow switch on controller cover
but no wires coming out of the back of the motor...only your standard 4 s1,s2,a1,a2
The stock motors been changed D&D motor. Could this have been converted to Series ? I thought DCS and PDS motors had wires on the back end of the motor ? Also the FnR hockey puck I am used to seeing on series was not there. Looked under the cart thinking the speed control was under the floor but could not readily see one.
thanks,..looking for some educational enlightenment.

aloha
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #2
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Totally confused on ID of a cart

Please ignore my post. Found my answer in the wiring diagrams. sorry guys :-)
So... why again are these bad ? and are DCS motors the same as non-dcs series carts ?
joe
Old 01-17-2011, 04:49 AM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Are you certain you have the right motor in that cart? To the best of my knowledge, DCS carts should have a motor labeled A1,A2,F1,F2 not A1,A2,S1,S2 ......

I was under the impression that the DCS and the PDS took the same replacement motors, but I have been known to be wrong before....

Post up some pictures and we can all assist you in identifying what you have to work with......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

DCS and PDS are Sepex motors, not series. DCS carts tend to eat up controllers in low voltage situations or when a change of direction is attempted before coming to a complete stop
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys, sorry did not take any pics..first time I did not. The cart is in good shape. The guys says it runs, but the batteries from what i can tell are toast and he said it they don't hold a charge very well. It is an unfinished project. He bought a new controller 700amp Logitech and a 8hp GE motor from Buggies unlimited. never installed and has two other motors, a rear flip seat, and another seat. So he has a complete cart, and parts from two other carts, plus the new motor and controller. He just wants it out of his garage. He advertised 1400 but told me 1000.00 when I showed up. Rabbit you could be right on the motor labels. I did not get a good look at the labels in the cart, only the ones he had in a box. I am not sure how he could have ordered the right parts for it from buggiesunlimited if he did not even know it was a DCS cart. Anyway, I told him I would talk with him next month as I don't have time for another project till then. Scotty, can a DCS motor go in PDS cart even without the pig tail on the back ? Are the controllers the same regardless of the motor type ? He had two 700amp 48v controllers, plus some another one I did not look at.
Thanks guys..just when I got a handle on series carts..I find something else to confuse me. :-)

aloha
joe
Old 01-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Not a sparkler guy, but get back there
with 800 cash take help and 2 trucks.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

if you have two logis 700, you have at least $600 there . buy and start selling!
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:46 PM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

seriously, regardless of time for the project or not, that sounds like a really SWEET deal....

If it was formerly a DCS cart, you can always use the new motor and controller and convert it to a monster torque series machine.

Yes, the DCS and PDS aftermarket motors are the same motor. As for stock motors, while a PDS motor will fit a DCS cart, the same is NOT true in reverse. And the controllers (stock) are completely different. Aftermarket, the alltrax DCS controller works on a PDS cart with an adapter cable.

Bottom line, get rid of the Sepex system, use the new motor and controller, sell the extra parts for whatever other things you need/want and run with it as a reworked series cart in my opinion.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO