lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Need Wiring Diagram for 86' DS

Looked but only found up to 85'?

Didn't know if CC had a solo year for the 86?
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Need Wiring Diagram for 86' DS

as far as parts go alot of the parts interchange from 1983 to 2002 but i can,t say the wiring would be exact i,ll bet it damm close..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well the 85 diagram appears to be close just wanted to make sure a this cart has had shade tree's working on it? LOL

Wires ran everywhere, even under the brake and gas pedals and wrapped around them to hold them off the ground.

Thanks for your reply
Old 04-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

If its old style pedal speed control with ( 5 micro's and 5 inside a white or silver box with red ends ) and 5 solenoid connected to resistor bank its old style. If you have the V Glide ( pie shaped unit under drivers seat ) its later model pedal control with only a resistor bank and one main feed solenoid. If I remember correct the break was between 1985 and 1987 but I might be wrong?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks,

It does have the 5 solenoids, and resistor coils(speed coils)? It seems to click twice and then go as if it may be taking off in 3rd because it is real jumpy? Installed a set of Trojan T-105's in it and it helped a bit but is still real slow in reverse and slow to get going in forward? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

The pack center cable tap ( 18 Volts ) cable is for reverse so if your total pack 36 volts is slow the 18 volts will be even slower. If batterys are ( new ) "you will not get full power until 50-100 discharge-charge cycles" ( TROJAN INFO ) have occured.
You should hear 5 clicks one for each solenoid in series from drivers side to passenger side. Before testing confirm that all resistors are not cracked or broken and that all connections to wiring, solenoids, and resistors are clean and tight.
SEQUENCE OF OPERATION IS AS FOLLOWS
#1 is main power ( Drivers side ) to feed the other speed control solenoids ( no speed )
#2 feeds power through ALL 3 RESISTORS to give slow speed
#3 feeds power through 2nd and 3rd resistors increased speed
#4 feeds power through 3rd resistor only increasing speed
#5 feed power directly to motor bypassing all resistors ( passenger side )
You need to jack up rear wheels off ground and place on safe jack stands under rear axle near spring mounts, then block front wheels front and rear to avoid possible movement. Then have some one operate pedal downward while you check for each click in sequence shown ( WARNING VERY IMPORTANT DO NOT ALLOW MOTOR TO REV VERY HIGH AS IT CAN ACTUALLY EXPLODE and pieces can hit you or anyone around you? ) I put my hand on each solenoid to confirm the click.
Once you find one or more solenoids not clicking or clicking and not making internal contact only then if all is OK there you may need to check micro switches inside speed control box ( white or silver with red ends under drivers seat ) and check speed switch slide for wear or damage.
Hope this will help?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #7
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Mec that will give me alot of info after I try these things. This is why I like Gas Better! LOL
Old 05-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

1989 saw the introduction of the v-glide/resistor coil speed control and the plastic body. Big year.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if its jumpy and jerking you at take off yes more than likely a few bad speed soleniods which is quite common with them and reverse is 1/2 speed thats why its slow so even getting your forward speeds back won,t help the slow reverse but will get you your smooth take off....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks that's what it is doing 1 click=nothing 2nd click= nothing and the 3rd click it jumps.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car