lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #11
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Using my golf cart for "golf".

I upgraded my 36 v to 48v... and added.... well, look at my signature. I can easily get two rounds of golf and my cart is HEAVY! I don't run it wide open much, but it has to climb hills all over the course. I would say go for it!

Mine will also do right at 30 mph. It will "almost" pull the front wheels but I don't try that much since I don't want to repair anything but during accidental "punches of the pedal", it will unload the front springs.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #12
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Was the "G-Word" uttered?!?!Kinda funny how we have a hundreds of members and about a dozen actually use the cart for its' original purpose!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #13
buzzmanc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks like I opened up a can of worms here. I think that I will look at upgrading, but my batteries are only a year old. There is room to add another 6 volt under the seat, but I would have to find a place to stick another. I am creative enough but I still need room for those funny clubs to chase the white ball around. I feel that once I get started I might just need to sell the clubs and use that money for more upgrades Thanks for the input, now at least I know that the extra draw for the power and speed will not affect my runtime to much.
buzzmanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #14
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Using my golf cart for "golf".

There is a way to put 2 more batteries under the seat and it doesn't take a lot to do it. I put 1 extra 8 volt under this one. I put 4 extra 12 volts all so under the seat.

First I removed the orignal controller but left the heat sink.
I then added a small angle iron in the back right under the black plastic motor cover for the controller to sit on.

Then I installed the batteries. I used the passenger side for the 12 volt battery so there is room for the 6 volt if you choose to do it.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #15
buzzmanc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Andy, that looks like the way to go by putting the controller there. There is no problem with heat back there I assume? And the solenoid stays back by the heat sink too? I might hit you up again for some advice after I get all of my goodies to start installing. I have to get my old Harley running so I can use that for golf while I tear the EZ GO down to upgrade.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #16
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

The alltrax controller's don't need a heat sink like the factory ones do. But you can always mount a little fan or a air scoop to direct air over it if need to.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #17
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Just a little heads up here buzzmanc, you have a series cart and if you plan on using the passenger side for the extra battery it will require you to relocate the F-N-R switch or eliminate it and use contactors.

All the Alltrax controllers have a built-in heatsink but if you have room and attached your old one to the bottom it would help even more to keep it cool.

Although your batteries are only a year old, if you talk to your dealer he may be able to work out a trade for 6x8v batteries and all of your relocation issues are solved.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #18
buzzmanc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

You are right Doug I was thinking that his cart was the same as mine. I will talk to a battery dealer and see what he can do for me. That would be better also since I would like to stick a 12volt marine battery in for some small accessories.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:03 PM   #19
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

My cart was the same as yours. I put the F/R contactor in it that is on the passenger side as in the picture.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:53 AM   #20
down under
Just Don't Touch.

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmanc View Post
Looks like I opened up a can of worms here. I think that I will look at upgrading, but my batteries are only a year old. There is room to add another 6 volt under the seat, but I would have to find a place to stick another. I am creative enough but I still need room for those funny clubs to chase the white ball around. I feel that once I get started I might just need to sell the clubs and use that money for more upgrades Thanks for the input, now at least I know that the extra draw for the power and speed will not affect my runtime to much.
Hi BUZZMANC, I think there would be a lot more than twelve of us,banging our balls around the paddock,
We know it is best not to mention it,{touchy subject}
nearly all of us from down under,do it often.
down under is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO