lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default '94.5 vs '95+

A friend is giving me a very old EZ-GO Electric cart. It has a 2-cup holder on the dash and I believe that means it is a '86 to '94 year model. He replaced this machine with a cart with a 4-cup holder and I assume that it is a '95 or newer. Since he didn't want to mess with the Pile O'Junk, should I decline his gift.? My question is what, if any, problems will I run into with a machine this old. This is my first cart, so be BLUNT, I can take it....!
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '94.5 vs '95+

if it is free take it. you can always part it out. really, look in the passenger side glove box and find the mfg #. last 2 digits will tell the year. do you have any pics?

and , by the way, welcome.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Madoc1,

Thanks for the welcome.

No photos of this beast yet, but it looks like something pulled from the bottom of the Cow Pie pile. The body seems all there, but the roof is just a perimeter connecting the verticle poles, looking like a giant sunroof or something fell through it. If the age doesn't effected the frame (like it did the roof) and it's structurally sound I guess I can build from there. I don't want to build anything too extreme, just something to run around the ranch and back & forth to the neighbors.

I'll take some photos when I get it home.

Thanks for the advise.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Still no photos, but I have research the ID# and found this machine is a 1989 Marathon. Not sure if I'm happy or not, although I have found some users of this message board have built some fabulous machines on this model. I will no doubt be picking the brain trust in the months to come.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #5
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

lots of marathons here. scroll down to the general discussion area and go to the drivers clubs. at the top of that you will see the marathon group. lots of good pics.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:18 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

welcome, start with basics batteries and cables......batteries will be one of your biggest expenses so check water and add distilled if needed to 1/8 inch over plates......load test and check each cell with a hydrometer....make sure cables are good and you want connections all of them good, clean and tight...........go from there....get a digital voltage meter and take voltage readings from each battery if your not sure post voltage#,s here we can help......everything else is a peice of cake............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks again for the directives, cause I'm finding out real fast that there is a whole lot more to Golf Carts then I ever imagined. Also that there is a Cornucopia of information that I have only to find, and again thanks for the loan of your compass.
Somewhere in the middle of the night I must have stumbled into the Drivers Club and copied a bunch of photos of Marathons that were beyond my hopes & dreams. I can hardly wait to dig into this beast.

Thanks again, and keep'em coming.
Danny
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO