lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2011, 02:56 AM   #21
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS Seat modification

I'm over 6'6" and had the thinner seat back on my 95 made it commfy.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #22
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Rose

How much thinner is the foam on your replacement seat? I need to make sure that the change is great enough to give me back some of the clearance in seatback space I lost with my rear seat kit and spacers that are used with my kit.
Probably an inch or so? Never measured it but could tell the difference.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #23
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Guys

If you have followed this thread you know I purchased a rear seat kit from one of our sponsors that moves the front seat back forward a couple of inches by design. To me this is not good as it creates an uncomfortable seat back position. I have decided the best fix for me is to remove the new "v" bracket that both the front and rear seatbacks bolt to and modify it. The modification will require me to cut the width of the bracket down to allow the recess part of the seatback to fit flush on the bracket as in the original design. I contacted the vendor after i noticed the problem by email (no phone number is listed) and described the problem and unfortunately they did not respond. I don't think they would have had a fix but i was a bit disappointed in the lack of customer assistance. Lucky for them I don't plan to publish their name as I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they either overlooked the email or are to stupid to understand customer service. And you know what they say about fixing stupid. I hope others out there who are shopping for a backseat keep this in mind as you might have the same issue i have with the front seatback position. I looked at several carts today who had backseats installed that did not cause this issue. You might inquire with the seller before you buy one and ask if their kit will cause this new seatback position. That is if you can get someone to answer a phone or an email.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:11 AM   #24
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
Guys

If you have followed this thread you know I purchased a rear seat kit from one of our sponsors that moves the front seat back forward a couple of inches by design. To me this is not good as it creates an uncomfortable seat back position. I have decided the best fix for me is to remove the new "v" bracket that both the front and rear seatbacks bolt to and modify it. The modification will require me to cut the width of the bracket down to allow the recess part of the seatback to fit flush on the bracket as in the original design. I contacted the vendor after i noticed the problem by email (no phone number is listed) and described the problem and unfortunately they did not respond. I don't think they would have had a fix but i was a bit disappointed in the lack of customer assistance. Lucky for them I don't plan to publish their name as I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they either overlooked the email or are to stupid to understand customer service. And you know what they say about fixing stupid. I hope others out there who are shopping for a backseat keep this in mind as you might have the same issue i have with the front seatback position. I looked at several carts today who had backseats installed that did not cause this issue. You might inquire with the seller before you buy one and ask if their kit will cause this new seatback position. That is if you can get someone to answer a phone or an email.
Interestingly, this only seems to be a problem on the newer cars . . the seat kit I bought and put on a 99 DS did not need the spacer brackets so the seat back remained in original position . . I then bought an 06 DS, transferred the seat kit over to the 06 from the 99 and needed to use the spacer brackets (because of the difference in seat back design on the two cars) and wound up in same situation as many find themselves in with the front seat back moved forward a couple of inches. . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car