lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
MooreGo
Not Yet Wild

Default Does PowerWise 28115 Charger Switch to Trickle?

My question is similar to the one posted a year-and-a-half ago by jbrosecity. His thread never received a response and was the only one he ever bothered to leave on BGW. I hope that isn't the case with me. Here's my quandry:

I have a 2005 EZGo Textron that I purchased new. It came with a PowerWise Model 28115 G04 battery charger. From my investigations, I believe this charger does NOT switch to a maintenance "trickle" charge state once charging is complete. Is that so?

If this charger lacks a "maintenance" function (as I suspect) what is the best solution to "floating" the batteries after they are fully charged?

As Minnie Pearl used to say on the Grand Ol' Opry radio broadcasts, "I'm just as proud to be here." and, thanks in advance for your thoughtful response(s).
MooreGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Does PowerWise 28115 Charger Switch to Trickle?

I would think that the "best solution" would really depend on your use/storage schedule. Good batteries will hold a charge well for a while, but if you are looking at winter storage, then the plan will be different. If you aren't sure, a cheap way I found here is to buy a wall socket timer and hook the charger up to that. Program it to be on for 23 hours a day, then if your batteries are low the charger will turn on and then reset with the timer. 9-12 dollars and you have a generally dependable charging method that doesn't cost the price of more expensive chargers.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
MooreGo
Not Yet Wild

Hot dang, Arcitect! That's the kind of thinking I like to see...BRILLIANT!!! It solves the problem with minimal cost and aggravation. You rule, my MAN!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
MooreGo
Not Yet Wild

Architech, this charger seems to require the charging plug to be removed from the cart's receptacle in order to have it (the charger) restart charging upon reinsertion. Does the brief "off" period of the wall timer actually cause a reset of the charger's circuitry every twenty-four hours and result in automatic resumption of charging if the batteries are sensed (by the charger) to need it?

Why isn't the charger designed to automatically resume charging if the battery charge levels fell sufficiently to require it during extended periods of storage, or, other non-use?
Old 10-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The powerwise is not a maintaining charger.
I haven't tried what you guys are doing here but, I think you are asking for a charge every day?
There are some chargers out there that will sample the pack and charge if needed every 2 weeks...
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO