lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #11
Fishman7
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 precedent wiring question

you say they are pre wired is there already a switch in the foot controls for break light activation also ? or does that have to be added i looked and it seems i have a cart that is pre wired
just wondering about the switch for the breaks ? also just pop the dash and add a switch for headlights ?
Fishman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #12
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Does my 2008 precedent come wired to install a front bumper light kit. I am assuming I need the wire kit to install rear lights. But it looks as if the wire to just install the front light is already there. Any suggestions?
genesis,

My Precedent cart was built the 35th week of 2008 and I do not have anything. I will be installing the basic light kit and will also have to put in a bucket harness which will attach to the light kit and a converter that I plan on installing also. If yours already came with the light harness for the front lights only, then you will probably need an adaptation for the rear or a total replacement for front and rear.

Others will chime in and either confirm or have a different version of what I conveyed.

ZackMan
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #13
genesis
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all of the help.
genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #14
genesis
Not Yet Wild

In my 2008 by when I lifted the plastic cover over the pedals and there were 3 wires that were not hooked to anything. Mine looks as though it might have the light harness in the dash ready for a light hookup but nothing for rear lights. Just dont know enough about it. I have looked best I can and dont see anything coming from the batteries other than the wires that go to the electric motor.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
genesis
Not Yet Wild

Forgot to add. the wire harness I bought is about 8 to 10 feet in length has two leads for the rear lights. one that leads to the brake pedal. and another that goes under rubber floor mat and then under dash that has push,pull knob and 3 hook-ups. I assume one to hood to existing wire, one for the light itself and one it says for future add-on.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car