lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
bpifer
Not Yet Wild

Default LACK OF UP-hill Acceleration

My brother-in-law just provided me with a 1993 EZ-GO electric cart. 6 new batteries, and this thing has no get up and go. Not to mention carrying one person approx 180 lbs going up a 3 degree incline you almost have to get out an push the thing to get up the hill. Flat land, ok, but going up hill, forget it. I am going to break it down over the winter and do a paint job on it, so I thought that this would be the time to look at what is wrong with the acceleration.

Can anyone out there give me some ideas as to what to look at?

Thanks in advance.
bpifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: LACK OF UP-hill Acceleration

welcome to BGW bp. first of all you need to check all your wires and make sure you havve no corrosion and all are tight and clean. did you charge your batts fully before using them the first time? they take about 20 plus cycles before they will perform their best. next step would be to upgrade your cables to 4 ga. welding wire. but before you do this do some reading on upgrading your cart to a newer style speed control system. this way if you decide to upgrade that much, you won't be duplicating your cable buy.your cart probably has resistor coils, and later models use a controller and a potentiometer or its system. good luck!
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO