lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 07 CC Precedent speed issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce_d View Post
All of these are with just myself in the cart - my question - Is this reduction in speed normal when going up inclines?
Yes
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Is this reduction in speed normal when going up inclines?
Gravity is a B!t@h! unless you are going downhill. Base your speed expectations on flat surfaces. If you can go 20mph, you definitely have more umph than I have, which means your speed code is probably working.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Keep in mind that a high speed program does absolutely NOTHING for power or torque... It simply changes the MAX motor RPM before the Regenerative braking starts to take effect. If a cart doesn't have the power to do over 15 MPH, a speed code wont do a thing for you except let you roll faster down hills.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #14
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks for all of the replies - I checked the tires and the average PSI was around 14.5. I inflated them to the recommended 22 PSI. I believe it has helped drastically - here is the current status

19 - 20 MPH - going downhill or an extremely flat service
15 - 17 MPH - going up a slight incline
11 - 14 MPH - going up a moderate incline
8 - 10 MPH - going up a extreme incline

All of these are with just myself in the cart - my question - Is this reduction in speed normal when going up inclines?
Sounds about normal to me.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #15
trigger1937
Gone Wild

There is another setting that controls the speed in small increment. Club Car advertizes this as the ability to adjust the speed in 0.5MPH increments. I'm not 100% confident on this as I'm still having an argument with my local tech on this issue. However, the Local Club Car dealer told me about the "Speed Quality" setting,..which is adjustable from 0 to 10. The problem is that most everyone believes that the top speed would be at 10 and this is just backwards. For instance, if you are Set to a Cart Speed of #3, you speed is adjustable from about 12 MPH up to 16MPH. If your Speed Quality is set at 10 you will get 12MPH and if it is set at "0" you will get 16 MPH. Now I don't know if this same "Quality" setting applies to a cart that is set at #4 speed. If anyone has the manual on the Club Car programmer, it should verify all of this. If anyone has access to that manual it would be of great help as it also explains the built in "Brake" function of "Normal, passive, and aggressive" Which control the braking of the cart on hills and inclines when you stop. I want to find out how much power this braking function uses up and if it is disabled when I use the Park Brake,... and just how does the Controller know this. When I'm on the golf course and come to a stop even on a tiny hill I can feel the motor "Hold" the cart in position and keep it from rolling. Looking for answers.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
There is another setting that controls the speed in small increment. Club Car advertizes this as the ability to adjust the speed in 0.5MPH increments. I'm not 100% confident on this as I'm still having an argument with my local tech on this issue. However, the Local Club Car dealer told me about the "Speed Quality" setting,..which is adjustable from 0 to 10. The problem is that most everyone believes that the top speed would be at 10 and this is just backwards. For instance, if you are Set to a Cart Speed of #3, you speed is adjustable from about 12 MPH up to 16MPH. If your Speed Quality is set at 10 you will get 12MPH and if it is set at "0" you will get 16 MPH. Now I don't know if this same "Quality" setting applies to a cart that is set at #4 speed. If anyone has the manual on the Club Car programmer, it should verify all of this. If anyone has access to that manual it would be of great help as it also explains the built in "Brake" function of "Normal, passive, and aggressive" Which control the braking of the cart on hills and inclines when you stop. I want to find out how much power this braking function uses up and if it is disabled when I use the Park Brake,... and just how does the Controller know this. When I'm on the golf course and come to a stop even on a tiny hill I can feel the motor "Hold" the cart in position and keep it from rolling. Looking for answers.
Park brake has no effect on this... The setting you are referring to is called "SPEED CAL"
Old 10-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #17
trigger1937
Gone Wild

TahoeDawg,... thanks for the info,...but could you confirm that I am either wrong or right. I was told that the "Speed Cal" settings control the actual speed by lowering the speed 0.5MPH for each digit intered into the setting. That a setting of "0" has no change on the top speed but a setting of 10 will drop the speed by 4-5 MPH. Some of the Tech's have it backwards and keep wanting to set it at 10 which actually drops the speed. Please confirm one way or the other.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
TahoeDawg,... thanks for the info,...but could you confirm that I am either wrong or right. I was told that the "Speed Cal" settings control the actual speed by lowering the speed 0.5MPH for each digit intered into the setting. That a setting of "0" has no change on the top speed but a setting of 10 will drop the speed by 4-5 MPH. Some of the Tech's have it backwards and keep wanting to set it at 10 which actually drops the speed. Please confirm one way or the other.
You are correct. 10 will slow you way down.

Tags
club car 2007, precedent, speed chip
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car