lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
mdyates
Not Yet Wild

Default Shop refurbed controller, now lost all speed! What gives?

07 Precedent, 48V. High speed motor, 23 in tires. WAS doing 28 mph solid. Shop did a refurb and now only goes 24?? Thoughts? Speed code?
mdyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: Shop refurbed controller, now lost all speed! What gives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyates View Post
07 Precedent, 48V. High speed motor, 23 in tires. WAS doing 28 mph solid. Shop did a refurb and now only goes 24?? Thoughts? Speed code?
Wow that sucks Did they put a different controller in, or actually re-work yours?

What motor are you running with? Not many Precedents move that fast with a stock controller. Mine, (like yours) will do 28mph all day and with newly charged batteries, over 30 mph

I have a stock 3.3 hp CC motor that was re-done by Commander, it looks just like a normal motor, but it's fast!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
mdyates
Not Yet Wild

Yes, we must have same motor. Mine is Commander as well. They sent it in to Curtis for a rebuild. I'm soo frustraded as he said he won't do anything about it... My mother and father in laws, same setup does 28-29 as well. Also, I live in Viera as well!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

wonder how much all this cost you ..personally i would have gone for a new ALLTRAX controller that you could program with your laptop...
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
mdyates
Not Yet Wild

Nothing he covered it in my 90 day warranty
Old 10-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Sorry about your controller/situation Like FB said, might as well just put in an alltrax dcx500iq, new cables and a soleniod. At least you know your motor is not the problem. I'm going that route, probably this winter when the kids have a break from school and the cart can be down for a few days.

I wonder if you got back the same unit? Are there different editions of the same unit? I can imagine curtis probably has a pile of refurbs ready to go out.

Can you imagine 500 amps of torque with a commander?

Do you live in east or west? I'm on the west side, and we may have crossed paths!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
mdyates
Not Yet Wild

No kidding! I'd love to have a 500 or 600 amp controller!! (and add 2 more 12v :) )

I live in Philipps Landing South Rockledge. We need to meet up!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #8
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

I've been in your neighborhood a few times as my wife is a realtor. I drive by everyday going to work too! We live just south of Manatee Elementary, in Chelford. We should meet up, at least have a beer and discuss 500 amp controllers! Wish we had a better cart shop around here too!

As far as your controller goes, I don't think the speed code has any affect on the motor. People that don't pay for the speed code, just pop in a new motor from wherever and the cart then goes fast. Maybe you can borrow your in-laws controller and see what happens?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
mdyates
Not Yet Wild

ok, cool! We're close. I just looked at my commander motor and think he did a switch without telling me! It now looks different and says 21 mph, so I think that's my culprit... Anyway working it out with him now to say the least. Let's def meet up for a beer, mine is fully street legal so I can meet you near your place. Beef o brady's sometime? Below is a picture of mine :)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Attachments_2011_10_27.zip (1.07 MB, 19 views)
Old 10-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #10
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Your cart looks great! I considered making mine legal, but decided not to because we can go all over Viera utilizing the sidewalks. I can't believe they changed your motor? Like you are not gonna notice

Beefs sounds great! If that's your kid in the pic, bring him. My kids are 4 and 5 and love Beefs. We can meet on kids eat free night, if you want. Let me talk to the wife and find out what days are good. I'll PM you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car