lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Default in need of "controller 101"

hope im not beating a dead horse but im a newb and have lost patience somewhat in searching at the moment for some basic information reguarding controllers. Im in the process of swapping controllers but thats another thread in its own.

my cart is a 99 CC series with a new GE D395 motor. not to fast but is a torquey thing. anyway, im looking into a new 650 amp alltrax controller. i will just list my Qs in order..

1-on "programmable" controllers, what functions exactly are programmable?
is the power/amperage programmable, or just the throttle response in
relation to the position of the accelerator pedal?

2-what values or actions do 5-0 and 0-5 stand for?

3-is the alltrax 650 amp (or any controller for that matter) only "capeable" of 650 amp or does ot have to be programmed to the potential of 650 amp?

Guess my main concern is if i get the 650 amp, is there the possibility for it to not be to its full capacity if the installer doesent make it that way, or is a 650 amp controller simply 650 amp no matter what? all info is greatly appreciated.
SEHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: in need of "controller 101"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEHunter View Post
hope im not beating a dead horse but im a newb and have lost patience somewhat in searching at the moment for some basic information reguarding controllers. Im in the process of swapping controllers but thats another thread in its own.

my cart is a 99 CC series with a new GE D395 motor. not to fast but is a torquey thing. anyway, im looking into a new 650 amp alltrax controller. i will just list my Qs in order..

1-on "programmable" controllers, what functions exactly are programmable?
is the power/amperage programmable, or just the throttle response in
relation to the position of the accelerator pedal?

2-what values or actions do 5-0 and 0-5 stand for?

3-is the alltrax 650 amp (or any controller for that matter) only "capeable" of 650 amp or does ot have to be programmed to the potential of 650 amp?

Guess my main concern is if i get the 650 amp, is there the possibility for it to not be to its full capacity if the installer doesent make it that way, or is a 650 amp controller simply 650 amp no matter what? all info is greatly appreciated.

The program is computer software..... without writing the program out I can't tell you all that is tweakable.

Basic stuff like % output and peddle response is certainly on the list, so is 1/2 speed reverse, turbo, & plug braking.
0-5 & 5-0 are different throttle programs you have to set it to talk to your throttle type.
Default setting for output is 100%.
But not all controllers put out the same 100%. For example the new 500amp SPM puts out the same as the old AXE650.

Hope this helps there is plenty to read if you go to the alltrax website and read how to use the software program. They explain it much better than I have
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:54 AM   #3
SEHunter
Gone Wild

thanks for that. my throttle is the v-glide type. does that tell me which ohm setting i need or is there more info needed?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you have a V-glide and a controller it is a modified controller or 'multi-step potentiometer' .... CC used 5k-0 on those.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:17 AM   #5
SEHunter
Gone Wild

ok. hopefully an AXE4865 650 amp is a "modified controller" because thats the one im getting ordered.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Here is the software screen shots of the ALLTREX Iq500amp dcx controller

the biggest problem i had was my MCOR would not hit 100% throttle. Alltrex made me a new throttle responce file and now i hit 100%. They also indicated to me that this a a common club car problem

ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
SEHunter
Gone Wild

ForBruce, thanks for posting that. It seems fairly simple for even the average guy like myself to adjust the settings. Gives me a little confidence in giving it a shot.

Does the correct cable and software come with a new controller or is it a seperate item to be purchased?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car