lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need help deciding on fixing or upgrading cart.

Does that say Precision drive system?
I ask because I see a DCS F&R and Motor in the pics.
AND a 2000 year ID tag. This was the first year PDS, More of a crossover cart than the PDS we know today. you are best off to revert to a DCS cart system.... which I think is no problem since you have the DCS motor and F&R, You need the controller and solenoid pkg anyway. But you are looking at $600 (+ or -) in batteries and $469 in controller pkg http://cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
There may be some additional wiring needed hopefully somebody who has converted one of these will chime in.
So if it's worth fixing to you, give me a call!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #12
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

How come the 400 amp DCS goes 20, where the 400 amp PDS goes 24? Since you got that cart for free, I would say you should go for a 500 amp, custom motor, and 48 volt batteries and charger.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A DCS motor produces more torque than a PDS motor. There is always a trade off of speed for torque.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Makes sense. hey tsward, what budget do you have for this project?
Old 11-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #15
tsward28
Not Yet Wild

About two grand including tires and wheels. I'm also thinking about re-doing seats and painting.
tsward28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #16
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

I'd go with the 400 amp controller, 4 ga cables, 6 8 volt batteries, and a new or remanufactured charger (48v). Then custom paint, new seat covers, and a set of used rims and tires (new cost >$400, I know a dealer that has a huge selection of lightly used for $250 a set, rims and tires) All of this is easy, you can do it yourself.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #17
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

By the way, $2000 at a dealer will get you basically a working version of what you have already in better condition. So take a look at what you have now and say, "Do I want to get the same cart in proper working order, or put in my time to with the same budget have a fully custom cart?" If you pick option #1, your current cart isn't really worth anything, because everything is missing, but fixed up you will be in the positives if you decide you don't want it when your finished. I say to go for it, we need some good pictures so we can see a before and after.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #18
tsward28
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Just to make sure its a PDS the shift switch is on the Dash Right?

I would start clean, pull the motor and send it in to PlumQuick. They say on their site, 250 to rebuild one and the price goes up with the mods like cooling fins and fans.

400, or better 500 amp DCX Alltrax controller 48 volt sol, resistor, and diode. A good 4 Guage or better 2 Gauge cable set and of course the new batteries. Do the under seat mod and stuff all 8 batteries there. Get a 48 volt to 12 inverter for the accessories like lights and radio. You will be ready to pull wheelies and crawl with the best of them on 22" tires. Dont forget to upgrade the brakes to stop the beast. Your investment in upgrades would be around what most would pay for a off lease cart.
Spawn,
Your close by, do you know of anyone in jax who exchanges or sells pre-painted bodys for the carts?
tsward28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48 volts, converting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO