lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
beachbuggys
Not Yet Wild

Default total overhaul recommendations

Hi, i have a 99 ezgo electric, just bought it. I beleive it has the series drive in it. I'll double check and post that later. i am in the process of doing a complete overhaul on it, this is my first cart so I'm welcoming any and all advice you can share. I'm going with a 4" lift and 22" tires. I need to upgrade the batteries motor and controller to where it will run 25mph, and 8 to 10 hours on a charge. If it is the series motor is it capable of reaching those speeds? is it possible to leave the motor and upgrade everything else?
beachbuggys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Default Re: total overhaul recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbuggys View Post
I need to upgrade the batteries motor and controller to where it will run 25mph, and 8 to 10 hours on a charge. If it is the series motor is it capable of reaching those speeds?
Yes, as long as you do a 48 volt conversion
is it possible to leave the motor and upgrade everything else?
Yes, as long as your not getting to powerful a controller
these are your options, youll need 48 volt battery pack and charger, 4 gauge cables, HD F/R, solenoid, and controller (i recommend a 400 amp alltrax or a 500 amp FSIP) look at this site.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You should invest in a plum quick motor too
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
beachbuggys
Not Yet Wild

awesome! thanks for the info,
beachbuggys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For 25mph you will need 48v 500 amps 2g cables HD F&R and an aftermarket motor like the PQ executioner or equivalent and fresh grease in the wheel bearings
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
For 25mph you will need 48v 500 amps 2g cables HD F&R and an aftermarket motor like the PQ executioner or equivalent and fresh grease in the wheel bearings
What's the most current a stock series motor will safely take? I know it's all about overheating the windings, which is affected by the amount of hill climbing, but if he chose to upgrade to a 500 amp controller before upgrading his motor, should he limit it to something lower, such as 400 amps?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
What's the most current a stock series motor will safely take? I know it's all about overheating the windings, which is affected by the amount of hill climbing, but if he chose to upgrade to a 500 amp controller before upgrading his motor, should he limit it to something lower, such as 400 amps?
Most techs agree on the 400 amp rule of thumb for a stock motor but in my opinion that is all it is. It's a safe limit where the average person can't hurt a stock motor, although some people can fry a motor with 300 amps and others can operate with 700 amps available and not have a problem. So ..... you have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky? Am I able to limit how I operate the peddle?

The 500amp SPM control in my latest cart puts out sustained and peak amperage equal to the old 650AXE
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO