lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #11
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Pot box hook up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i,m a little confused because he says it has a V-glide and if so than it can,t have a pot or vice versa.......its one or the other
the v-glide with internal resistors is a potentiometer. like any potentiometer, it can be connected in one of two ways; as a 3-terminal voltage divider or as a 2-terminal variable resistor. club car has used both configurations in the vglide potbox over the years.
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: gif potcon.gif (8.5 KB, 9 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
sonicj.......i have no reason to not beleive you but thats one i have never seen before ever......gives me something to watch for but whats odd is even the diagram is calling it a 3 wire.........................................
thats because i titled it it is a 3-wire potentiometer + 2 wire switch = 5 wires total
Old 12-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #13
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

I had an earlier post that my 98 cc 48v pd plus motor was jerking at all pedal positions. H ave checked and tried everthing. Several people thought it might be a rear end problem. Put a new rear end in and guess what,it still jerks. I hooked it up to my computer and sent the results to alltrax and they said that the v glide was no good so I hooked a new pot and tried it and guess what,it still does it.I had the motor checked and they said it was OK.They never run the motor to test cause no end plate.Do you think it could be in the motor? That is about the only thing that I have not changed.I have by passed all switches to make sure they were OK.Running out of things to do and money. Thank you
rich6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich6111 View Post
I had an earlier post that my 98 cc 48v pd plus motor was jerking at all pedal positions. H ave checked and tried everthing. Several people thought it might be a rear end problem. Put a new rear end in and guess what,it still jerks. I hooked it up to my computer and sent the results to alltrax and they said that the v glide was no good so I hooked a new pot and tried it and guess what,it still does it.I had the motor checked and they said it was OK.They never run the motor to test cause no end plate.Do you think it could be in the motor? That is about the only thing that I have not changed.I have by passed all switches to make sure they were OK.Running out of things to do and money. Thank you

sure would be nice if it could be tested.....i guess you don,t know anyone with a similar cart you could throw the motor in just to see?? or if your thinking about upgrading motor just get another one.......i don,t why why you couldn,t send your motor to someplace like PQ and have them test it i mean thats what they do, i,m sure they test their motors before they put them out for sale............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
thats because i titled it it is a 3-wire potentiometer + 2 wire switch = 5 wires total

ok well anyways after sitting here looking at the diagram i have seen it before ........not often but yes i have seen them........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #16
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich6111 View Post
I had the motor checked and they said it was OK.They never run the motor to test cause no end plate.Do you think it could be in the motor? That is about the only thing that I have not changed.I have by passed all switches to make sure they were OK.Running out of things to do and money. Thank you
not likely if the motor if its been removed, inspected and re-installed yet still jerks in the same manner.

did you drive around while bypassing each switch? did you try bypassing the key switch? have you taken a measurement of the resistance on the interlock circuit? it should be around 0.2Ω or 0.4Ω or something like that with all of the switches closed. if you measure hundreds of ohms or thousands of ohms, there is a problem. did you closely inspect all of the wire terminations? i personally would focus on the interlock system. my 2¢
-sj
Old 12-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #17
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

How and where do I check the interlock system?I drove it with the switches bypassed. I have checked all of the connections and the welds from club car and found nothing. Another thing,when I take the wheels and drums off it does not jerk,when I put the wheels back on without the drums it jerks. I have tried 2 sets of wheels,and 2 rear ends and it does it with both.Also it does not do it in reverse at 100% with the f&r switch bypassed.Can these motors be timmed,brush position to the windings? If I put a volt meter on A1 and A2 it changes about .2 to .5 volts when it is jerking. If I put the meter on F1 and F2 it changes about 15 volts when it is jerking. The volts are steady going into the controler when it is jerking.I have had 3 controlers on it including the stock one and it has jerked with all. The jerking is very violent.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #18
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

hmm, ok... so this is a sepex system, correct???

they can be timed, but not easily. maybe one of the coils is chafing against the stator, the other coil, a brush lead, armature, etc. it does sound motor related to me at this point.
-sj
Old 12-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #19
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

It is a shunt motor. Maybe I will play with the timming and buy a new motor. Thanks for your help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car