lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
EASYMONEY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ go headlights

This is a blanket reply to all you good folks who responded to my questions. The consensus seems to be that the lady blew out her halogen headlight bulbs. I checked the battery connections and they are correct. Guess I'll order $35. worth of headlights and replace them. One last question - it seems possible to replace the bulbs without removing the light bar yes? no?
Thanks again.
EASYMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYMONEY View Post
This is a blanket reply to all you good folks who responded to my questions. The consensus seems to be that the lady blew out her halogen headlight bulbs. I checked the battery connections and they are correct. Guess I'll order $35. worth of headlights and replace them. One last question - it seems possible to replace the bulbs without removing the light bar yes? no?
Thanks again.
Also check the directions that come with the bulbs. Some recommend using gloves or a towel so you don't get skin oil on the bulb.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #13
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It should be possible to replace just the lamps/bulbs at around $5 each, just be sure you follow ricochet's advice and avoid handling them with bare hands. This should be a good heads up for anyone with halogen headlights. Don't turn em on while charging !! - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #14
EASYMONEY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice. But -pray tell where I can get the bulbs gor $5? No local supplier is available. I've looked all over the internet and the best price I've seen is 17 bucks each.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #15
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I guess I should have asked what lamp you are looking for before stating a cost. The bulbs I was referring to would be an H3, 55 watt, 12 volt halogen, which is a common halogen lamp and is the bulb used in a lot of aftermarket universal fog lamp sets. I've seen them on E-bay for $5 ea or less plus shipping. I just purchased two H3, 36 volt x 55 watt halogens for $13 total/shipped on E-Bay. Also, Walmart carries them in the automotive dept. (maybe not the number you need,though). Let me know what bulb you need and maybe I can help find something for you. Sorry if I misled you with unspecific information. - RAY
Old 02-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #16
EASYMONEY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Trust me bigstik - I'm easy to confuse. The ez-go OEM part number for the bulb is # 74004G01. There's a secondary market number but I can't locate it right this minute. I don't do e-bay but we have a WalMart. (Who doesn't?). Appreciate your input.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #17
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYMONEY View Post
I don't do e-bay but we have a WalMart. (Who doesn't?).
Ebay can be your friend. I purchase a lot of stuff on ebay. I don't bid on stuff. I only use the "Buy It Now" filter from established vendors. Most of the vendors also have ebay "stores." The only thing I really watch for, particularly electronic parts is where they are shipped from. Much of the stuff is shipped from Asia which is not a problem except for a longer shipping time which for me is usually 10 days. I try to purchase for USA vendors to reduce wait time.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #18
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well, EASYMONEY, it looks like the bulb you need may be an automotive #894. I took a quick look on E-bay and there are quite a few offerings there, for approx. the amount I mentioned in my previous post. Seeing that you don't do E-bay, you might try Walmart automotive and look for a #894 Halogen lamp. Make sure you take the old one with you to physically compare with the new one, as I'm not 100% sure 894 is it. As soon as you stop looking for the EZGO replacement part number, prices will drop a lot. That is the nature of all renewal parts !! Hope this helps. _ RAY

P.S. - Where in Fl are you, as I'm also here in FL now for the winter.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #19
EASYMONEY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Ray. I'll pull the bulbs out of the cart and see what's what. Next challenge will be working up the nerve to go into WalMart. I'd about as soon put in two more years in the 'Nam. I'm in Lake City.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #20
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The bulbs in an EZ-Go OEM light bar are automotihe headlight bulbs, not the common H3 halogens. You will need to unclip the wire harness from the base of the bulb, grab and turn the bulb base 90 degrees, and remove it. There will be numbers printed on the side, a generic fit number and a wattage. You can get them at WM. In fact, you can get one just like it with a higher wattage rating for better light output.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ez go fuse location
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO