lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
onbz
Not Yet Wild

Default Half speed????

I just sold my 1998 ez go dcs cart to the high school down the street from me...this cart has allways ran fine and two days after i sold it the guy that bought it called and said that it is only running half the speed that it did when i sold it to him.?? What could have happened? This cart has ran fine for me no problems at all. I recently maintneced the batts all at a charge of beteen 6.3 and 6.8 volts total voltage is between 36 and 38 volts.The charger is a good working power wise black in color. Mabey the controller, batteries, the way that they are charging it..help....lol
onbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Half speed????

Have they bothered to recharge it? Do they realize a stock cart is not capable of running freeway speed?
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
onbz
Not Yet Wild

They said they have.....its pretty cut and dry plug it in or not.....
Old 02-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
onbz
Not Yet Wild

Anyone ????controller,,,???
Old 02-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are going to have to go check the cart voltage and then attach the meter to the battery pack . Note the standing voltage and then the voltage when running, Aim the cart uphill and see what the voltage drops to. Sounds like a battery problem.
You know the first thing they do to them is run em till they stop and then .... recharge!?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
onbz
Not Yet Wild

So your saying check total voltage wich was 36-38 volts then drive it and check again and see if it drops to like 20 volts pt something? If its srill running then prop not the controller?
Old 02-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You are going to have to go check the cart voltage and then attach the meter to the battery pack . Note the standing voltage and then the voltage when running, Aim the cart uphill and see what the voltage drops to. Sounds like a battery problem.
You know the first thing they do to them is run em till they stop and then .... recharge!?
What I am saying is load test the battery pack, using a digital voltmeter and the cart running as the load.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just sold my 1998 ez go dcs cart to the high school down the street from me..

Looks like they need to join the forum and tell us what they were messing with when they busted their new ride!!!
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
onbz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
What I am saying is load test the battery pack, using a digital voltmeter and the cart running as the load.
Got it thanks
Old 02-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #10
onbz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcitech View Post
I just sold my 1998 ez go dcs cart to the high school down the street from me..

Looks like they need to join the forum and tell us what they were messing with when they busted their new ride!!!
Thats what i was thinking.....out rallying it around with six high school football players hangin off it and they burned something up...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO