lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
cjnfiremn
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Charge Thoughts and help Please!!

Hello everyone I am new to here. I have a 2006 CC Presedent that I just but new 1 awg cables, New U.S. Batteries, and a meter from Scotty. I hooked everything up and put charging and let charge till it shut off (12-13 hours). Meter showed 50.9, which is great. While riding the meter drops to between 47.8-48.3. Kids rode it around for about 15-20 minutes in the yard, mostly flat ground. Being new batteries I am trying not to go below 49.8(75%) battery to begin with. in that little time it hit that mark. put it on charger and in an hour maybe it turns off and shows fully charged 50.9. it is pulling strong running great, its just the numbers on th meter that have me concerned. Thoughts and help Please!!
cjnfiremn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Charge Thoughts and help Please!!

are they 8 or 12 volt batteries? and did you run the new cable thur the OBC? and not around it......if you didn,t run cable thur OBC you have to...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
cjnfiremn
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
are they 8 or 12 volt batteries? and did you run the new cable thur the OBC? and not around it......if you didn,t run cable thur OBC you have to...........................
4-12 volt batteries and yes I ran thur the OBC (3" 5/16 SSbolt with rubbercoating in middle stainlees washers and nuts!
cjnfiremn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Owen
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It will drop when your on the pedal, its the standing voltage that matters.
Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car