lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
Smoknjoe
Not Yet Wild

Default 91 gx444

I've had my 91 GX444 2cycle cart for a couple years now and it has ran fine up until the last week or so. When i run it for about an hour or so ( not continuous ) it starts to loose power. I notice a small crack on the intake tube to the air cleaner box so i wrapped it with electrical tape to see if anything would change but it still looses power after it is ran for awhile. I thought maybe it was vapor locking because of heat but the engine don't get very hot when i drive for hole to hole on the course. It has great acceleration and power when i first start to use it but like i said the longer i drive it the weaker it seems to get. I havent checked the compression yet but will in the morning, but if it was a compression issue i would think it would have a loss of power all the time right? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Smoknjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 91 gx444

Loosen the fuel cap and run it see if that helps the vent in the cap may be plugged or there is a vent tube on the carb a small tiny brass fitting with a small hose attached make sure it's not plugged.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
racin161
Gone Wild

By the way WELCOME to BGW
Old 04-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
Smoknjoe
Not Yet Wild

Well i did a little more looking today and took a compression test and im getting about 95-105 psi on the motor which tells me the old girl it getting tired. I also noticed some oil around the crankshaft behind the clutch that looks like its coming front the head gasket ( maybe ). All the other posts that ive read about these motors (ec25-3pg) is if there's a leak around the crankshaft that could be some of my power loss and 100 psi is alot lower then 125 - 130 psi that everyone else said the motor should have. So im guessing an overhaul is in order. Its a 91 cart and it looks like the motor has never been touched.
Smoknjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
racin161
Gone Wild

Your right compression is low and the oil you see is probably coming from the crank seal. If one is going you'll find the one behind the flywheel will be no better.

LOU
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO