lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 txt Non dcs won't go, took lots of voltage readings please help

I went back and re-read your first post in this thread.
Am I correct, you've got Curtis 1205-117 controller and are trying to use an ITS throttle system?

From what I can determine, the 1205 uses either a 0-5V electronic throttle (Optional), or a 0-5 K-Ohm pot (Standard), or a 5 K-Ohm to 0 pot, or a 10 K-Ohm bidirectional pot, and other pot configurations, but not an ITS.

You either need to get a throttle compatible with the controller or get a controller compatible with the ITS.

No wonder the voltage readings are strange.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #22
jb1dsl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 txt Non dcs won't go, took lots of voltage readings please help

The controller came off an txt series Limo and had worked all hunting season. I got It to move again so I think I have something acting up with the f&r or a loose wire I keep bumping and it then works.
jb1dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #23
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sounds like a new F N R maybe in order if it moves a bit when you work it back and forth...you can take it apart and check the contacts on the inside to verify..
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #24
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

oh and FWIW from shopez-go.com:

Controller-ESCII-HD (1205-117)
The vehicle's speed controller is used to vary the speed of an electric motor and it's direction. This OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Speed Controller-ESCII-HD (Curtis 1205-117) is used on 1995-current E-Z-GO TXT, Shuttle 950 Series, XI-875/881 and Workhorse/MPT (Multi-Purpose Truck) 1000.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
oh and FWIW from shopez-go.com:

Controller-ESCII-HD (1205-117)
The vehicle's speed controller is used to vary the speed of an electric motor and it's direction. This OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Speed Controller-ESCII-HD (Curtis 1205-117) is used on 1995-current E-Z-GO TXT, Shuttle 950 Series, XI-875/881 and Workhorse/MPT (Multi-Purpose Truck) 1000.
The standard TXT's use a 1206 (series), 1206SX (DCS) or a 1206MX (PDS), and have an ITS.
I'm not sure what the TXT limos, Workhorses and MPTs use for controllers and throttles, but I do have a manual on the XI-875 and 950 series carts as well as the 1205 controller.

Here is the cover of the cart manual, page listing carts covered and a schematic of the system.
The throttle system shown on the schematic, sure looks like a pot box.

I most certainly may be wrong, but I strongly suggest that the OP verify what kind of throttle system the Limo the controller came out of, has.

If the Limo does, in fact, have an ITS system, I am curious as to how it is connected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cover page..JPG (87.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Carts covered page..JPG (37.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg XI-875 Schematic-2.JPG (78.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #26
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hmmm going back to the first post again, if you'll notice the link at the bottom and click on it, you will notice the OP already verified the throttle and got the cart running with that controller. Unless it got tired of its programming since that time I think it's safe to say its for that cart. Also, I do not have any awesome manuals at my dispos, however here is a 2000 EZ Go shuttle out of my rental fleet...that's a big controller... And this is based solely only on my limited everyday golf tech experience but that sure looks like an ITS or Induction Throttle Sensor as you so kindly pointed out earlier
Old 08-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #28
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Hmmm going back to the first post again, if you'll notice the link at the bottom and click on it, you will notice the OP already verified the throttle and got the cart running with that controller. Unless it got tired of its programming since that time I think it's safe to say its for that cart. Also, I do not have any awesome manuals at my dispos, however here is a 2000 EZ Go shuttle out of my rental fleet...that's a big controller... And this is based solely only on my limited everyday golf tech experience but that sure looks like an ITS or Induction Throttle Sensor as you so kindly pointed out earlier
Ooops. I confused the issue. Sorry.

I messed up when I listed the voltages that should be measured on an ITS.
What I listed are for the 1206 controller typically found in a TXT golf cart with a series wound motor and the OP has a 1205.

Apparently the 1205 controller works with an ITS type throttle, but I don't understand how varying the inductive reactance of a coil (Inserting an iron slug) can vary DC current flowing through it or the voltage developed across it. Either there is more than just a coil in an ITS, or the laws of physics have changed.

And from the voltages on the white and black wires jb1dsl gave in post #19, I'm wondering if he is getting full performance from the controller.
Again, I may be wrong, but the type 2 throttle input voltage on J3 is 0-5V and he is only going up to 2.6V, or about half speed.

As for manuals, everything in my stash is available on-line.

As for why jb1dsl's cart isn't moving, I believe you are correct, it is very likely F/R switch issue.

@ jb1dsl:
Here's a drawing (from the 1204/5 manual) that shows the high current path clearly. If the solenoid is closing, the problem is somewhere along the heavy lines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hi Current Circuit - Series Motor - EDITED.JPG (63.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO