lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Intermittant problem (cart will not run)

I meant a loose wire on the solenoid, as simply tapping the solenoid gets it working again.

However, what I didn't consider was the fact that you had to get out of the buggy, lift the seat, tap the solenoid, then close the seat and try again. Likely jostled the buggy doing so.

Sometimes troubleshooting by remote control is difficult. If you end up having to tap the top of the solenoid to get it to go again, do it as carefully as possible, to eliminate as many variables as possible.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #22
buzzmanc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Will do the check for the micro. Sounds like it should not be the solenoid. Golf season is pretty much over for me so I will have more time to troubleshoot and tear into things some more. I will probably get a micro or two coming just to have on hand. Thanks gentlemen.

Chris
buzzmanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't think a tap with your finger on the solenoid could do anything to effect anything inside the solenoid or the MS under the floor. I think either dropping the seat jars something or the cart was going to work on the next try regardless of whether you tapped the solenoid kissed the key fob or ran circles around the cart. That is just not proof enough for me. However, if the solenoid is defective simply return it for a replacement.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO