lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
mark01
Not Yet Wild

Default resistor or switches

On my 86 CC i can disconnect the wire to motor and press pedal slowly, and you can hear all the resistors clicking in.. hook wire back up and go ride.. slowly push pedal and cart starts to gradually move until you get to the last one then it jerks you back and takes off. What cold be causing it to do this?

Thanks
mark01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: resistor or switches

You are hearing the solenoids click, just because they click does not mean they are working. It sounds to me they are not working or they are working but not getting power at their big terminals.
I suspect the one closest to the driver side of the cart (the master) is bad or not being activated.

If it is clicking first but not passing power to the others then it is bad, if it is not clicking 1st then possibly the micro switch in the peddle box is bad.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
mark01
Not Yet Wild

IS there A way to check to see if its getting power?

Thanks For your help
Old 10-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
mark01
Not Yet Wild

Checked the resistors last night but not sure I done it right. Checked the big lug, as I mashed the pedal, and to me looks like its working right.. is this how I should check?
Old 10-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if cart is running master is good..........if cart is driving slow and then jerks you backwards i would think your 2nd, 3rd speed solenoids are not working....the clicks you hear could be microswitches...best thing jack rear up and slowly press pedal 1st click nothing will happen at 2nd click wheels should slowly start turning.....at 3rd click a bit faster and so on.....your hi 4th speed should be working because it also works reverse so if you have reverse its ok......i suspect the middle 3 solenoids may be bad......if thats the case replace all 5......from left to right you have the master, 1st speed, 2nd speed ,3rd speed, and 4th speed reverse.........remember from left to right.........as in drivers side solenoid is master.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
mark01
Not Yet Wild

Will try to put it on jack stands tonight.. I know when on flat ground it barely moves then all of a sudden its wide open.. if you are on a incline it doesnt move till pedal is all way to floor, then about flips you back.. Maybe it is just the solenoids.

Thanks
For all of your help guys. This site is AWESOME!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

from your post i,m betting your missing 2nd and 3rd speed a common problem .......kinda gives you whiplash..................as i said i would replace all 5 of them because they are more then likely 30 years old and the others will fail soon enough..............the 2 you want to change are from the drivers side going towards pass. side the 3rd and 4th solenoid.............unless you do all 5 of them..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
mark01
Not Yet Wild

Thanks

Gonna do all 5
Old 10-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Mark,
FWIW: When I pulled the resistor/solenoid assy. from my 1979 CC, there were 2 of the 5 solenoids missing. My first thought was to use one of those 3 remaining solenoids as the "master" in my Curtis Controller conversion. Imagine my surprise to find 2 of those 3 to be bad. Yeah, they'd click, but they didn't pass any current.

Replacing all 5 will fix your problem, I'd bet.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car