lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default The cart comes through again

We went Muzzleloader hunting this past weekend- Friday night got an unbelievable rains storm, a long one too-

The ground had about the first two to three inches were really sloppy- and the rest was hard as a rock- this made tooling around the property kinda fun-

The thing I forgot about was, when I loaded the cart on the trailer, It put weight on teh read end of the van, which normally would be too bad, but when its front wheel drive, you loose some traction-

Well I was stuck on the front lawn of our place, good Guy neighbor wasn't at home.

So we unloaded the Bad Boy(EZGO) and attached, the cart to the back of the trailer- and the cart Pulled the trailer, the Chrysler grand caravan out of the Muck-

My neighbor had been feeding his cattle and he saw us hooking up this towing configuration, and stopped to watch the comedy of errors-
However he was still amazed that something that did not make any noise could pull the trailer and van-

The only thing that happened to the cart- the winch clicks but doesnt let out line or pull in line?

Saturday I moved three times in 10 hours to different spots on the farm and did make a couple new paths
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: The cart comes through again

Does your winch have the contactor mounted on the motor or is it a remote? I burned up my first winch when the piggyback contactor got wet and I tried to use it. My replacement had a remote contactor that I mounted under the cupholder. This setup has been awesome even under load in a torrential downpour.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If I am understanding, what your asking, the switch that activates the winch- makes it let out cable or bring in cable is mounted next to the cup holder under my right knee

we did have some great rains friday night and the cart was outside
Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am asking about the contactor. Think of the series EZGO. The winch contactor would be the cart equivalent of the solenoid. It makes the high current connection via a low current activation switch. The cart equivalent of that would be the ITS. More correctly, I guess it would be the microswitch on the ITS.

Basically, is the winch motor just a round can with two high current leads coming off it, or does it have a plastic box riding piggyback near the end of the can?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have already taken my casts off and my knee braces
I will try to take a picture inm the morning
thanks
Chris
I don walk very well without a lot of metal LOL
Old 12-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's ok. I don't need pics. I just wondered if the same thing happened to yours as happened to mine. i.e.- The contactor got wet and shorted out. I have been much happier with my "new" setup.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO