lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
skiboat
Not Yet Wild

Default Forward reverse switch weird wiring

My uncle just gave me an EZ go TXT standard cart. Definitely used and rigged I would say. I'm trying to figure out the wiring from the charge receptacle to the forward reverse switch. The red wire from the charge receptacle is not hooked up. There is a jumper wire from the FR switch to the positive battery terminal. There is also a black wire coming from the solenoid box not hooked up. Ideas??
I've attached a picture for review
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (225.9 KB, 0 views)
skiboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Forward reverse switch weird wiring

The red wire connected to the main positive terminal on the battery pack bypasses the Reed switch in the charge receptacle.
That is a common modification since the Reed switch is a high failure item whose only two purposes are to disable cart when charger is plugged in and to disable cart out in the middle of nowhere during inclement weather.

I don't see the disconnected black wire in the picture and there are several black wires used. (Might be the one to the Reverse Beeper that ought to be mounted on the F/R assembly)

Also both the solenoid and controller are under the cover at the top of the picture.

Does cart run?

Those battery post and connections need some TLC.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
skiboat
Not Yet Wild

I don't know if it runs. I just noticed some wires disconected and looked at a wiring schematic that didn't match up. I'm putting new cables and batteries in this weekend hopefully.

Just to be clear, it's fine that the reed switch is disconnected and the red jumper wire goes from the FR switch to the positive battery terminal?
skiboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboat View Post
I don't know if it runs. I just noticed some wires disconected and looked at a wiring schematic that didn't match up. I'm putting new cables and batteries in this weekend hopefully.

Just to be clear, it's fine that the reed switch is disconnected and the red jumper wire goes from the FR switch to the positive battery terminal?
Yes, Ezgo eliminated the reed switch after a few years.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO