lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

Default Photos needed of Precedent King of carts rear seat

I am looking to purchase a King of Carts rear seat for my Precedent, I am looking at the model that uses the factory struts but I am concerned that it will put the rear seat way off the back of the cart. I would like to see it installed on a cart but have not been able to find photos of this seat installed. Can anybody help me out?
Billygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default Re: Photos needed of Precedent King of carts rear seat

Here is my back seat that uses the stock struts and retains the sweater basket feature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 080.jpg (86.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 083.jpg (91.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 079.jpg (108.5 KB, 0 views)
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for that quick response 1970buick, your cart is looking pretty sharp, love your speaker placement. I like the look using the factory struts and base, but it looks like it does push the seat pretty far back off the end of the cart because of the strut base width
Old 03-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billygoat View Post
Thank you for that quick response 1970buick, your cart is looking pretty sharp, love your speaker placement. I like the look using the factory struts and base, but it looks like it does push the seat pretty far back off the end of the cart because of the strut base width
King of Carts does NOT manufacture a rear seat for any cart. In fact, they don't manufacture ANYTHING. All they are is a middle man for manufacturers. I bought my rear seat, wheels, tires and Allsport lift from them. None of them were manufactured by them. The seat was ordered from a company in Illinois or Indiana. I ended up having to call them because the bracket that comes with the kit is a piece of junk and unsightly to boot! If you use your original strut base as you suggest you won't care about that. But I chose to mount the original struts onto the new bracket that comes with the seat kit. It's basically angle iron and band iron welded into a T with a few L brackets. Very lousy design. If you can cut steel and weld you can modify what they send but otherwise, I would wait until someone responds with a GOOD kit that works from the manufacturer. The rear seat back was 4-5 inches above the front seat and looked ridiculous on mine.

However, keep in mind you MUST install new HD rear springs for rear seat riders. I was pretty concerned about the same issue you are speaking of. Initially I didn't install springs, just the seat. I run 23" tires and they did rub on bumps. I trimmed the fender moulding a bit and that fixed the problem. But it sagged badly with a full load and I ended up installing new rear springs in the rear. Rides and handles much better with the weight on the rear. BUT I don't feel the overhang presents any measureable problem over a few inches forward would. Either way, do the springs.

Note: when you change the springs you will have a problem with the brake cable mount that is part of the spring/ubolt assembly. I ended up cutting my base plate and welding it in a new location for better design. That did require a high speed cutter and welding. Otherwise, if I recall the brake cable was stretched too tight. I'm not certain that was the problem but I do know there was a problem and it was a drag because it wasn't as straight forward as just swapping a couple of springs... Beware~

7CLUB
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
Billygoat
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your response 7Club, great to get a fist hand account. I realise that most of these retailers don't make what they sell, most of the stuff looks like it comes from China. I also bought my lift kit from Allsports and had an issue. The steering linkage end was not welded on straight and when turning the wheel just make a big wobbly circle. I didn't bother calling to complain, I just cut it off and welded back on straight.

I do have a set of springs on order, thank you for the tip. I'd like to see some photos of your setup if you have them.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

We have been seeing many reports of Allsports products being less than desirable. Used to be a good outfit, don't know what happened to them......
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
1970buick
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CLUB View Post

Note: when you change the springs you will have a problem with the brake cable mount that is part of the spring/ubolt assembly. I ended up cutting my base plate and welding it in a new location for better design. That did require a high speed cutter and welding. Otherwise, if I recall the brake cable was stretched too tight. I'm not certain that was the problem but I do know there was a problem and it was a drag because it wasn't as straight forward as just swapping a couple of springs... Beware~

7CLUB
I installed the 4 leaf HD springs on the rear of my cart and the install was problem free with no issues at all. I guess it is a case by case type of thing. I also did a thread on the install on here
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car