lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Batteries Finally - Breakin tips? 4x12v

No offense taken, and it made me think about how some people use there carts which would mean you would wannto pay more attention to the break in period.

I never bothered to check voltage after a round so cannot say what it drops to. Even if it took it down to 80% it would not make a lot of sense to take it for another round prior to charging in my opinion. So for a golf course it makes sense to throw them in the charger every night no matter what.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

When I get into the normal use of my cart at the lake, it will be on a charger every night and many say this is a good habit no matter what, once you have broken in batteries. Ride to the neighbor's house and come home knowing you aren't going anywhere else today - plug it in and wait until finished. Ride 18 holes and not riding to the 19th? - plug it in and wait until it is finished. Not riding it for a month because it's 5 friggin degrees outside - keep it plugged in. And I didn't mean to come off like I was arguing with any of that. I'm just saying the break-in period and method is different and needs to be done before adopting the park and plug methodology.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #13
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Salt, you should invest in one of scottyb's meters! I wasn't going to do it with my Precedent, but after doing it and knowing what the voltage is at all times now is a great investment. Especially since you ride around alot at the lake and could take it maybe a little too low, with the meter you are never left wondering what the batteries are at.
15-20 min install and it looks great on my precedent. I can post a pic if you would like!
just my .02
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Yep Grinds, I agree and may do that. I was thinking about it last year but just sort of lost interest in all things carting when the batteries bit the bullet and the weather got cold.

Okay, so when I put the batteries in yesterday, the pack was showing 50.4 volts. I let it sit overnight and then rode it briefly earlier today. I went ahead and plugged it in while I went and did a few hours of yard work. When I got back from the yard work, the charger had already stopped. I rode it out and parked it in the yard for a couple of hours and just went for a quick spin around the neighborhood. Just checked again and they are showing 50.4 volts. Over the next couple of weekends, I'm sure I'll get to ride it and charge it 3 or 4 times to get going on this break in process.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car