lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1998 EZ 36V Go Alltrax SPM Wiring problem

So I purchased an Alltrax SPM controller, HD F/R switch, and 2G wire set from ScottyB and came across some issues. I have called him and am awaiting his response just wanted to see if anyone had some insight. I have a few extra wires that I am not certain where to connect. They appear to be from the ignition, two separate wires, and a wiring harness. I am certain one of the single wires goes to the F/R switch just not sure where. The harness, I have no idea. Also I didn't get a diode for the solenoid and was wondering if the old one would suffice until i got a new one? The controller is a 400a, the old was the original.
[URL=http://s1051.photobucket.com/user/J0hn10761/media/IMG_2024_zpsa4e40b35.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s425/J0hn10761/IMG_2024_zpsa4e4
0b35.jpg[/IMG][/URL[URL=http://s1051.photobucket.com/user/J0hn10761/media/IMG_2025_zps3f470692.jpg.html][/URL
Fltmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 EZ 36V Go Alltrax SPM Wiring problem

The Blue wire in the first picture goes to the spade terminal on the microswitch that also has the red jumper wire on it.
(I cannot see what color the other wire in first picture is.)
The black wire in the last picture goes to the beeper.
The white connector with Green, White, Red and Black wires goes to the ITS box under the floorboard.

The wire colors are shown on both the Alltrax schematic you received with the SPM controller kit and on the stock series cart schematic attached below.

--------
The stock resistor and diode can be used if you are using 36V.

------------
Back off a foot or so with the camera, so the items of interest will be in focus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series.JPG (55.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB thanks, ended up figuring out the rest after staring at the diagram. Only wire I have left hanging loose is the green wire from the ignition. Where's that dude go?
Old 05-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

According to the schematic, MS-3 in pedal box.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for your help I'm new to the cart world. Stupid question time, pedal box should be located under the cart around the pedal right? This wire was under the seat with the rest of the wires.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The pedal box is under the floorboard and has a four wire cable harness going to it.
Two wires (Black and White) come from a connector on the controller, one wire (Red) comes from one of the small terminals on the solenoid and the other (Green) comes from the keyswitch via a wiring harness that goes from under the seat to the dash. The four wire enter the wiring harness that goes to the pedal box in the general vicinity of the controller and F/R switch assembly.

I think the four wire connector shown in your picture #2 is the plug that connects to the connector on four wire harness coming from the pedal box.

----------
Of course, there is always the possibility that a previous owner added an extra wire for something, or replace a bad wire of some other color with the green wire that happened to be handy at the time.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay I'll take a look under the cart and see if there are any missing connections on the pedal box. The top picture with two wires shows the wire in question(bottom wire). It's black, but connected to a green wire from the ignition under the cart. Wasn't sure if it was supposed to connect to the controller or f/r switch since it was in the battery compartment.

I got the harness reconnected, found another harness that connects to the controller from the pedal box. This four pt harness was in between them. There is an additional wire that comes off it (red) that I'm assuming the previous owner placed, for what I have no idea, that wire was hanging loose.

I think my problem is figuring out what the parts actually look like on the cart versus the diagram. The upgraded 2G wires were simple, thought that was going to be the hardest part, it was the easiest.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A schematic diagram just shows electrical connections without regard to physical layout and there aren't any good wiring diagrams that I've been able to find.

The attached is from the parts manual, but isn't very well laid out either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Series wiring.JPG (53.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks I'll take a look this afternoon when I get a moment. I'll post some pics of what I have connected as well. These smaller wires are hell. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #10
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay I think I found where my mystery wire belongs. I took a closer look at the harness wires and discovered a busted green wire coming from the pedal. I also noticed a disconnected black wire from the solenoid. It appears to attach to the negative terminal I haven't looked at the diagram but I think it goes to the controller.

I'll have to address those wires later. Also discovered that I attached my f/r switch linkage incorrectly. Hoping once these items are fixed she'll run. I'll post pics later of my connections.

Thanks again!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO