lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax 4855 settings

I really need to see if there is a way to change the setting on the percentage throttle on my EZGO (aka EZLO). The throttle is so sensitive at take off, in either forward or reverse that it will lay black marks or if your passenger is not prepared can throw them off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax 4855 settings

It could also be the ITS/microswitch adjustment. Instructions are in the service manual. If the ITS starts telling the controller to go before the microswitch clicks on, it could lurch. Beyond that, get a USB to serial cable (unless you still have a laptop with a serial port), download Alltrax' software and start playin'. You might want to save a backup of the current settings. The only thing I don't like is the controller has to be powered up to talk, so you can either run a power jumper, or do like I do and apply pedal, which you've already told us is not possible on yours without jack stands.

Owner's, Parts, and Service Manuals:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

after adjusting mine, I got a little more top end, as the ITS was never telling the controller to go to 100%.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yurtle,
Thanks for the information. When I have my park brake set and need to depress the accelerator pedal to release I have to be real careful because it wants to go. I mean barely press it. I bet an adjustment will be sufficient. I seen the overview of the ITS. I guess I need to dig deeper on seeing how to adjust it. I am assuming a micro screw of some sort.

Stew
Old 05-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewmagoo View Post
Yurtle,
Thanks for the information. When I have my park brake set and need to depress the accelerator pedal to release I have to be real careful because it wants to go. I mean barely press it. I bet an adjustment will be sufficient. I seen the overview of the ITS. I guess I need to dig deeper on seeing how to adjust it. I am assuming a micro screw of some sort.

Stew
You can select a more gentle throttle curve (or lower rate) in the program options to get a slower start. In the mean while release the parking brake by pressing on the lower section of the brake peddle BEFORE you press the gas to minimize the problem you describe.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I suspect there are multiple factors involved.
1. The pedal microswitch should close (Solenoid should click) before the plunger enters the ITS sensor coil.
2. The throttle up rate slider is set too high in the controller.
3. Throttle response curve may set to Linear.

The first two are the biggies.

a. The cart should sit still, or barely twitch, when the pedal is pushed only until the solenoid clicks.

b. To avoid nearly uncontrollable acceleration from a stand-still, power should be applied gradually over time.
With the up-ramp slider set to 15, the controller output goes from -0- to whatever the pedal is pusher to almost instantly.
When the slider is set to a lower number, the output ramps up from -0- to whatever the pedal is pushed to over time.
The lower the number, the longer the time, or the more gradually the power is increased.
My guess is that "4" would be a good starting point and adjust up or down to your liking.

c. The throttle response curve is how the controller interprets the pedal position.
In the Linear setting, when the pedal is pushed halfway down, the throttle sees it as 50%
In the Inductive and Progressive settings, the controller will interpret the pedal halfway down as something less than 50%, so you may have to push the pedal three-quarters the way down to get 50% output from the controller.
However, the last quarter of pedal travel will go from 50% to 100%.

Once you get the first two factors straighten out, play with the response curves and find out which suits your driving style.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #6
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

scotty and johnny,

Upon your recommendation it has helped by using lower part of pedal to release park brake. Thanks.

I really don't feel that it is the ITS switch... No movement until the "click" and when it does click a shudder occurs. I really do feel that I need to have the "curve" adjusted. Now a couple of problems here, I don't have the cord to connect with the controller. I assume this is a part that can be acquired, or if anyone has one that they would let me use on good faith, I would appreciate it. Thanks for all of the help.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #7
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Search "RS232 to USB cable" on eBay, they sell for $5 or less, just make sure you buy from a seller in the states. Radio Shack also has them for around $30
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #8
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatlock00 View Post
Search "RS232 to USB cable" on eBay, they sell for $5 or less, just make sure you buy from a seller in the states. Radio Shack also has them for around $30
Wow! Thanks! I will definitely be on ebay to find one. I appreciate it.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
barely twitch
If I had only thought of this when I signed up for a screen name!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO