lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation installed radio in EZGO and now lots of static

Hey, can anyone help shed some light on my issue here. I wired a radio into the dash of the ezgo, wiring it from two batteries, for 12volts. Works great when sitting still, but when I accelerate, the radio gets drowned out in static and I lose all bass in the speakers. not pleasurable to listen to when driving cart. Any insight how to correct this issue?
mookiemoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2013, 02:54 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: installed radio in EZGO and now lots of static

getting motor static

click link ---> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TGTjJig...ion_guide.html

noise filters
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iZ3Ff6s...e-Filters.html
Old 06-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Make sure your radio and antenna is not grounded to the body of the cart. That will create all kinds of static!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
3WheelDumbo
Getting Wild

Yamaha

1. you need to run a seperate 12v battery set up for the tunes. The cart is pulling off the batteries you have hooked up to the stereo. When you go the power goes to the cart. plus your putting additional draw on a supply battery / batteries that will drain at a different rate than the pack. The power draw will be most notable in the bass as the subs need the power to move the larger coil on the speaker
2. Noise can be eleminated with a filter on the power line if you want to keep it hooked up this way. The filters are available at anyplace that sells install kits (like CTD's reply) or wally world for that matter.

My 2cents for what its worth from a circus animal..... install a seperate 12v system w/ a filter. lots of threads on this in here.
3WheelDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did not install a stereo but installed a Bluetooth unit amplifier and speakers so I stream music from my phone to my cart thru Bluetooth. I had static at first and troubleshot the entire system thinking I had a ground issue. I used a ground loop isolator and static is now gone crystal clear music on cart. Check into the ground loop isolator and it was only $20. Got mine at the local car stereo shop btw.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

thanks, i will look at radio shack for a ground loop isolator or a car parts store. where did you install that, on the ground line of the radio?
mookiemoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My set up is different than yours. I do not have a stereo. I got 1 that went between my Bluetooth unit and the amplifier so it just had the standard red and white rca cable input and output.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO