lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Mrhavasu
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default PDS nosie?

Just bought a 06 freedom PDS from a friend. Noticed that the cart has a whining noise that goes up and down with the carts speed. No grinding or vibration, just a little whine. He says its because its a regen cart. I have heard the rxv cart make the same kind of noise, but the rxv was much louder. Is this normal? Anything to worry about? Will a speed chip change any of that? Thanks

Last edited by Mrhavasu; 06-30-2013 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: spell
Mrhavasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS nosie?

The whine may be coming from the differential gears.

Since it is a 2006, I suspect the oil in the rear end has never been changed, so it probably needs to be.
EZGO specs 30 weight oil, but some people use heavier to quieten the gears down.

The speed chip won't change anything except the top speed and regen braking level.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Mode speed-regen level.JPG (18.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Mrhavasu
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cool, thanks. So the regen has nothing to do with the noise? Should it be quiet with no noise at all? Also mine is a freedom cart, does that mean it already has the performance chip? Thanks again.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I don't have a regen cart, but does the whine exist while accelerating, or just when coasting or slowing down?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Mrhavasu
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Its there when speeding up and slowing down. At constant speed while kind of a no load its stops.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Mrhavasu
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I just pulled the oil plug and add what I think was about 4 ounces of oil. The oil I could I see on the plug and get on my finger before adding was new looking. I gues just a little low, the noise appears to be much reduced. Will check it better when I have more time.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO