lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
Chrisdupuis24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2001 CC DS new build but engine not running properly

Been a long two weeks but finally finished my 2001 CC DS. But cart runs rough and backfires on occasion. Also smells like its burning rich. Cart also lacks power on hills. I had clutch machined by Tom @ CCP with new belt and 200 rpm spring. During the build I replaced the carb with a new one. Also I had 1/4" of fuel in the air box. When I replaced the plug it was black as night. Wish it ran as good as it looks. Any help would be appreciated

New camo wrap
Beefed up springs
6" jakes drop spindle lift
12" Vegas Machined rims
23" Duro Tires
fender flares
flip flop seat
light kit
bush bar
folding windshield
panoramic rear view mirror
new fuel lines and filter
new fuel pump pulse line
new carb
new air flter
machined clutch
200 rpm spring
new belt
new oil and filter
changed rear end oil
cleaned entire frame with alumabright while disassembled
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130723_144603.jpg (193.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130731_171949.jpg (180.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130803_105017.jpg (315.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130803_105052.jpg (266.5 KB, 0 views)
Chrisdupuis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 CC DS new build but engine not running properly

Have you tried adjusting the A/ F screw to set your mixture correctly ? It looks like you have thrown the kitchen sink at your cart but a new carb is rarely correct out of the box. This isn't a Christmas tree pal. Glitter and lights aren't enough if you can't power them up. Start off with 1 1/2 turns off of just seated and adjust 1/4 turn out until the cart begins to respond properly on a warm engine. Assuming all other parameters are set right this should get you close or exactly where you want to be.
Hope that helps and please let us know the results.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
Chrisdupuis24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes lol I did put alot into it. The cart seemed to work ok when I bought it but I only drove it for one weekend before tearing it apart. Yes I was thinking about setting the pilot screw on the carb but wasn't sure if they came pre set. But I don't think that would explain my lack of power on hills though???? One step at a time!

Thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Chrisdupuis24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well it turns our that the new carb that I bought was missing the small led plug between the Pilot Jet and the Pilot Air Screw. Witch allowed dirt to be sucked in to the Pilot Jet chamber causing the cart to burn rich. Good thing I kept the old carb. Put it back on, cleaned the fowled plug, fine tuned the Pilot Air Screw. Works like a top now. Runs smooth now and lots of power, no problem climbing hills with a cart load of people.
Just going to change the oil again to make sure no fuel got into the crank case. For the sake of a few bucks gives me the piece of mind. Smelled the dipstick seemed ok.....
pulling the steering collum out tomorrow so I can install my new carbon fiber dash. Any tips on pulling it out and installing these aftermarket dashes????????????
Old 08-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #5
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The new dash should instal easily once you get the steering wheel off and that can be a nuisance. Figure on releasing the centre nut and then having a Gorilla pulling back on the wheel while you clout it mightily with a large rubber mallet. They can be a royal pita to remove.

Chris.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
Chrisdupuis24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

tried that already for two days. bent 3/8 plate with my puller. Even used PB Blaster. So now i have just removed the whole colum.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisdupuis24 View Post
tried that already for two days. bent 3/8 plate with my puller. Even used PB Blaster. So now i have just removed the whole colum.

Bloody ridiculous isn't it ? I've pulled clutches and
swapped engines out faster than a simple steering wheel swap. It's not like you can us a regular puller either. I beat up one last week until I was sure I would damage the lower U-Joint. It's just a simple spline connection ffs.
I adjusted my bike rear brake lever this afternoon; TWO ******* minutes easy. Same system and mechanics. Club Cars are a joke sometimes.

Chris.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #8
Mark27
Getting Wild

Club Car

Loosen the steering wheel nut, but do NOT remove it!! After endless beating and pulling on the steering wheel, when it decides to let go, it does so quickly and without warning. Without that nut in place to "catch" it, you're looking at a BAD day.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...l-removal.html
Mark27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car