lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #21
grhopper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Considering 2008 RXV

Today I called all of the dealerships within a 2 hour drive. Prices varied from $2,100 to $3,100 for 2009's with original batteries. I non-dealer that does custom carts offered a 2010 for $2,350, and I'm waiting on pics from him. One of the dealers came down $300 when I told him I was calling around, and what the best price was so far. I plan on calling the next lowest and see what they can do. I was prepared to pay cash for the $1,850, so don't mind paying a little more for a year or 2 newer. Only problem with dealing with the dealerships is the extra cost of 9% sales tax. I'm pretty sure I'll have a deal in the next 2 days.
grhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #22
grhopper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The person with the 2010 said that the speed is set at around 15 mph, but there's a chip that can make it go faster? The cart came from a golf course in California. Is he correct about there being a chip for the RXV, or does it need to be programmed by a dealer?
Old 10-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #23
afairweather
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

There is no chip for an RXV. The controller is programmed with a little hand held computer from ezgo. You can do way more with that computer then just adjust top speed. You can adjust acceleration, you can see the hours, miles and what work has been done to the cart. BTW...the RXV is hands down the best stock cart out there, dont let anyone convince you otherwise. I just built mine and I am loving every minute of it. The people who cant stomach the thought of 165 bucks every couple years for the brakes probably shouldnt buy an electric cart!!
afairweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Someone should prolly buy an RXV programmer and let it go around the country via UPS. I'll bet it would pay for itself in one year. I'd trust anyone on this forum, but you could put a $xxx hold on their credit card if you don't trust them.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #25
grhopper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is there somewhere that I can find the program codes for the RXV? I called the local dealership, and they quoted me $45 for 30 min labor to do it.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhopper View Post
Is there somewhere that I can find the program codes for the RXV? I called the local dealership, and they quoted me $45 for 30 min labor to do it.
30 minutes? Must be a minimum charge. I would be surprised if it took 5 minutes.

'course, $45 to get it to run faster is prolly worth it. After all, He bought a high dollar programmer.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #27
grhopper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That's my guess too. I have no problem with a minimum charge.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #28
firennc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

My dealer doesn't charge to to hook up his programmer on my 08' RXV. As siad about the hubs and bearing take a beating but not a hard fix. We've got a 4" lift and will go anywhere we need it. We love ours! Well the kids do thats for sure :)
firennc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #29
grhopper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just got home with what turned out to be a 2009 with 2010 batteries. In it's previous life it lived on Roddy Ranch golf course in California. Got a rear seat put on and after tax the total came to $2,800. the guy I bought it from hooked up his programmer and said it was set to full speed.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #30
remac
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Congrats grhopper, have fun.
and read everything you can here 'cause there's lots of good stuff
on how to care for your cart and batteries and keep her running.
Search first and often, read everything, some of it twice....
but don't be afraid to ask, ask, ask...
remac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO