lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #11
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Which gear upgrade for Precedent i2

Hi Sunoco. Now I'm confused. I thought it was a simple wiring harness to make an Excel cart work with a regular IQ controller and the seller tells me that this item is included with the controller. Is it a simple "plug n play" harness? I can see how easy this is going to be to screw up if I buy the wrong part... particularly difficult for me as I live overseas and shipping is expensive, so needing to return items would be a nightmare.
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2014, 09:26 AM   #12
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

I don't know who the seller is and what they are selling you.

If I were doing what you were doing I would buy the Club Car i2 IQ harness - part # 103374901. Then you can put any controller on the market for an IQ in the cart.

I don't know about the "piggy back harness" mentioned in other posts. The i2 IQ harness will work with ANY controller made for an IQ cart, period. You can then add the rest of the components of your choice...
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #13
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Many thanks - this may save me a lot of bother. Is the i2 harness a simple installation? Sorry to ask a basic question but where would you plug it into?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #14
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

And Sunoco are you supplier? Would make my life easy if I can buy from a supplier who knows what will work best for my car.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #15
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

The i2 IQ harness is a FULL wire harness for your cart. You remove the entire Excel harness and replace it with the i2 IQ harness. It is a simple plug and play swap. Should probably take 1.5-2 hours depending on your skill level.

I am not a 'supplier' I do carts and whatnot on the side. Maybe contact Tahoedawg - the company he works for can supply you with the harness. I dont know if they ship overseas. As far as the other electric components (controller, solenoid, etc..) Contact scottyb @ www.cartsunlimited.net - again I dont know if he ships overseas.

You are going to need controller, HD solenoid, new cable set. You can get that all from cartsunlimited.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I'd be interested to see this "Piggyback" harness for the Excel to IQ conversion. If this even exists, I want to see it and I want it explained to me. There are throttle resistors in the Excel harness. The IQ car doesn't have them. I can understand an adapter that would re-pin the 16 pin connector properly but I see now way of "un-resisting" a resistor.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #17
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

I don't know. Someone in one of slobdiddy's other posts claimed they upgraded the Excel controller to a 500A without changing the harness. Maybe "piggyback" was the wrong word. FSIP sells the GE 51-FX503G021K controller with an adapter harness to go between the stock harness and controller to re-pin it. I don't know how they are eliminating the 3 resistors. I don't think they are. I would think there would be throttle response issues.

Slobdiddy, to save yourself a lot of headache and possible trial and error, I still recommend getting the full i2 IQ harness and then IQ controller to convert your cart to an IQ system.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
I don't know. Someone in one of slobdiddy's other posts claimed they upgraded the Excel controller to a 500A without changing the harness. Maybe "piggyback" was the wrong word. FSIP sells the GE 51-FX503G021K controller with an adapter harness to go between the stock harness and controller to re-pin it. I don't know how they are eliminating the 3 resistors. I don't think they are. I would think there would be throttle response issues.

Slobdiddy, to save yourself a lot of headache and possible trial and error, I still recommend getting the full i2 IQ harness and then IQ controller to convert your cart to an IQ system.
I wonder if the adapter harness has the three throttle wires in their full length running all the way to the MCOR? That way it could re-pin the controller and use the appropriate throttle rate. This seems like an efficient way to do things as well. But I agree with you, while you're at it you might as well replace the entire harness. Especially with it being as simple as it is.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I specifically asked the question if the controller adapter also contained new wires that went all the way to the MCOR on that thread, and the answer was "no, just to the original 16pin connector".

I understand that there are 2 different flavors of the Excel harness:

1) Excel carts originally equipped with TPS and converted to MCOR have an adapter from the factory 6 pin connector to the 3pin+2pin MCOR connectors. Per you previous post, there are 461ohm resistors in each leg of the 3pin connector.

2) Excel carts originally manufactured with an MCOR and all Excel carts manufactured after the middle of 2010 have the 3pin+2pin MCOR connectors straight out of the harness. Are you saying this harness also contains resistors in it?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I specifically asked the question if the controller adapter also contained new wires that went all the way to the MCOR on that thread, and the answer was "no, just to the original 16pin connector".

I understand that there are 2 different flavors of the Excel harness:

1) Excel carts originally equipped with TPS and converted to MCOR have an adapter from the factory 6 pin connector to the 3pin+2pin MCOR connectors. Per you previous post, there are 461ohm resistors in each leg of the 3pin connector.

2) Excel carts originally manufactured with an MCOR and all Excel carts manufactured after the middle of 2010 have the 3pin+2pin MCOR connectors straight out of the harness. Are you saying this harness also contains resistors in it?
Configuration 1 has no resistors in the harness, they're found in the TPS to MCOR adapter. This was only used for one year. Configuration 2 has resistors in the harness about a foot up from the three pin connector in the MCOR.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car