lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #11
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2000 club car

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiagrl View Post
guess my last unfinished task is to find out the code set when the controller was changed. Will report these findings and hope for further insight.
Only IQ cars have speed codes, yours is a regen...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #12
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Given the diagram you said was identical to yours, it appears you have a Regen 2 which means no speed codes or programming other than factory preset. By what you've described the "glowing resistor" didn't start until you replaced the controller - is that a correct assumption?

If so - other than a locked-on regen solenoid (never heard of that particular failure before; and I don't know enough to say that's even possible) - its either a faulty controller or a wiring issue when installing it.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:45 AM   #13
georgiagrl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I must first say Thanks Y'all. I would definitely be lost (not that I'm close to having a clue) without the knowledge, insight, and fellowship that is shared among the members of this forum. If it's broken I will try to fix it. I can't say that has always worked out well for me but I am pretty good at tinkering.

That said, spring is fast approaching! My buggy wants to go to the beach with us for spring break. So I had to give in and take her in. When it comes to large amounts of money and motorized anything, I have been "conditioned" to be wary of being taken advantage of.

This is where all of you come in…The buggy doctor has reported that four batteries are bad. Over the past few weeks, I have tested them at home…lots of times, and always got between 8 and 9 volts on each battery (even with the tires off the ground). I don't have an expensive tester by any means, but OMG!!! Can this be?
He said that the weak batteries is what was causing the coil to glow red hot. Does that sound accurate?
AND from my reading here on BGW, I know it is best to replace the whole pack, not just the bad ones. So…open to any comments, experience or suggestions related to battery purchase. Currently has Trojan batteries, I'm not sure how old they are.
48 volt cart by the way.
georgiagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:02 AM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiagrl View Post

Currently has Trojan batteries, I'm not sure how old they are.
48 volt cart by the way.
. . . look on the negative terminal post . . . there should be an alpha-numeric code stamped into it . . . the letter denotes month, ie, A=Jan, B=Feb, etc . . . the two digit number is the year . . . so a battery with E10 would equate to May 2010 . . . also you can check the specific gravity (SG) of each cell in each battery to determine the health of the battery . . . a battery can "look" good voltage wise, but have a bad cell . . . one bad cell in a pack can bring down the whole pack . . . you can buy an inexpensive SG tester at the local auto parts store for around $10 . . . your readings should be compared to the below chart . . .

Specific Gravity Readings to determine State of Charge:

12.75 & Above = 100% Charged
12.60 to 12.74 = 85 to 100% Charged
12.40 to 12.59 = 75 to 85% Charged
12.20 to 12.39 = 50 to 75% Charged
12.00 to 12.19 = 25 to 50% Charged
12.00 & Below = Fully Discharged

In both voltage and specific gravity readings, consistency among cells and among batteries is important.
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #15
Blackdogracing
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I realize I'm a little late to this party but my money says the forward/reverse switch got water in it. Take it off and let it dry or use a hairdryer and I bet your cart comes to life.
Blackdogracing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decreased speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car