lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need for speed!

Steering and suspension is designed to perform well at 12-14 mph. Going 3 times the designed performance speed is asking for handling problems.
You might be surprised to feel how FAST 25mph feels in a golf cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #12
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have 2 golf carts that go right at 35mph. Unless you just want bragging rights, I do not suggest going that fast on a golf cart. Things can get ugly REAL fast. They get squirrely easy and very hard to control. I almost lost it on my last 35mph run. I barely brought it out of a bad wreck. I got lucky!! I very rarely go over 25 to 26mph. And as scottyb says that feels a lot faster than it sounds!!

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #13
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
I have 2 golf carts that go right at 35mph. Unless you just want bragging rights, I do not suggest going that fast on a golf cart. Things can get ugly REAL fast. They get squirrely easy and very hard to control. I almost lost it on my last 35mph run. I barely brought it out of a bad wreck. I got lucky!! I very rarely go over 25 to 26mph. And as scottyb says that feels a lot faster than it sounds!!

CartTrader
I'm with you. I figured out about 25 is the limit. I hate washing underwear.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #14
boudreaux
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I concur with the other scared speed freaks. I have gotten my cart going down hill to speeds the steering just won't handle, and neither do the brakes very well. I almost lost it and was very close to getting hurt. If I hurt myself that is one thing, but I like to let the young teenagers drive the cart by themselves, they have a great time on it; but I obviously don't want anyone getting hurt. Now I have to give them a thorough briefing and threaten them with their lives if they don't control the speed down hill. I doubt there is any mod that can be done on something with such a short wheel base that can handle 35mph. But I don't know nottin me!
boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #15
Keatoncalhoun
Getting Wild

Quote:

CartTrader

Okay how did you get them to that point?

1994 Club Car DS, custom 2014 Camaro synergy green paint job
Keatoncalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #16
goheelzfan
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Spend 2K
goheelzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:45 PM   #17
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keatoncalhoun View Post
Okay how did you get them to that point?

1994 Club Car DS, custom 2014 Camaro synergy green paint job
500 amp Altrax controller, heavy duty solenoid and F/R switch,2 gauge wires, 6" Jakes lift, 23" tires, 8:1 rear end, 48v thru 36v motor. Was going to get a PQ motor but decided I was fast enough and or wait till 36v motor gave out.

CartTrader
Old 03-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #18
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
500 amp Altrax controller, heavy duty solenoid and F/R switch,2 gauge wires, 6" Jakes lift, 23" tires, 8:1 rear end, 48v thru 36v motor. Was going to get a PQ motor but decided I was fast enough and or wait till 36v motor gave out.

CartTrader
Hmm so a lift and 8:1 gears and I will gain 16-18 MPH?
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #19
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

500 controller, 100 solenoid, 100 HD f/r, 229 wires, 300 lift, 500 + wheels/tires, 300 gears. Min 2k
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #20
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89GatorClub View Post
Hmm so a lift and 8:1 gears and I will gain 16-18 MPH?
Have no idea what you will get. Just telling what I get with my set up. Was getting 21 to 22mph just by putting 48v thru 36v motor w/standard setup and tires.

CartTrader
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car