lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
jlensi
Not Yet Wild

Default MadJax 48v - 12v reducer wiring

I have the MadJax 48v-12v reducer, the seagate fuseblock and an in dash radio. My confusion is the wire colors from the reducer. There is a red (12v + switched output), a blue (12v + constant output), a yellow (48v + input from battery), a green (48v + input from key switch), and a black (48v - from battery).

Correct me if I'm wrong ....

Red - positive on fuse block
Blue - memory on radio
Yellow - positive post on battery
Green - hot post on keyswitch when ON position
Black - negative from controller

The lights I'm assuming I can either run from the fuseblock but will only work when key is ON, or being it has an On/Off switch I can wire it to constant hot?

Sound correct?
jlensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
crum83bc
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: MadJax 48v - 12v reducer wiring

Looks correct, but your black wire should go to the negative terminal on your battery. It is a common ground, so all of your negatives from your 12v accessories (radio, lights, etc.) should tie into that wire as well. I installed the reducer in my cart and put in a ground bar for everything to terminate on.
crum83bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:41 AM   #3
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Something doesn't seem right. To the -48 to the controller is fine since it does go to the correct battery. What is weird is there isn't a -12v from the reducer.
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:00 AM   #4
jlensi
Not Yet Wild

Whats confusing me is a drawing I saw on here from what I'm assuming is another reducer. Here is the wiring diagram from the madjax. Thanks for your help.

http://www.mymadjax.com/core/media/m...b5963&_xt=.pdf
Old 04-13-2014, 06:42 AM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlensi View Post
Whats confusing me is a drawing I saw on here from what I'm assuming is another reducer. Here is the wiring diagram from the madjax. Thanks for your help.

http://www.mymadjax.com/core/media/m...b5963&_xt=.pdf
Wire #1 would go to your distribution fuse block where you will be feeding your accessories from. This wire is only 12v hot when key switch is in the "on" position.

Wire #2 is a constant 12v hot, regardless of keyswitch being on or off, which would be used for a radio's memory capability.

Wire #3 goes to pack's main positive terminal.

Wire #4 goes to "cold" side of keyswitch. This "trigger" wire turns on the reducer's 12v feed for Wire #1.

Wire #5 goes to pack's main negative terminal.
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:50 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I've never used this reducer but typically each accessory will have a 12v + from the reducer and a 12v - from the battery pack to operate.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I have the MadJax 48v-12v reducer, the seagate fuseblock and an in dash radio. My confusion is the wire colors from the reducer. There is a red (12v + switched output), a blue (12v + constant output), a yellow (48v + input from battery), a green (48v + input from key switch), and a black (48v - from battery).

Blue - memory on radio

The lights I'm assuming I can either run from the fuseblock but will only work when key is ON, or being it has an On/Off switch I can wire it to constant hot?

Sound correct?
. . . does your fuseblock have a common negative buss similar to the pic below?

Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #8
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

Blue - memory on radio

Sound correct?
Wither you use the key switch or a toggle to turn the lights on. They both act the same and if the lights are fed from a Fuse box I wouldn't bother just turn the key switch on for them because either way it will power up the fuse box.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:23 AM   #9
jlensi
Not Yet Wild

Just finished, everything is working great! Wired the radio, headlights, and even added LED's. All of them go back to the fuseblock and are only hot if the key is on. Thanks for all your help gents!
Old 04-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #10
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Just finished, everything is working great! Wired the radio, headlights, and even added LED's. All of them go back to the fuseblock and are only hot if the key is on. Thanks for all your help gents!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car