lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2014, 08:41 PM   #11
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: heatsink on controller

The best trouble shooting method is process of elimination, & this is always the case. Taking in consideration new motor, wires, solenoid, and controller. UNLESS one is defective. Then what else in the circuit that exist and hasn't been replaced? F&R switch & MOCOR right?
So that said make sure nothing else is defective and test out the two items not checked. ScottyB had just helped a guy with similar issues, PM him for his thoughts on this.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #12
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

delete
Old 04-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #13
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-01-04-ds.html

This is how it works, good read.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #14
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

considering its not a series cart the F&R switch wouldn't matter, So yes I would say Mcore, After reading about these it's just a matter of time before they need to be replaced. would I replace it with a mcor 4 or the 3.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #15
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I briefly remember getting the newer version but best to ask, I think there is a 5 out now.

I would put a meter on it and see what it reads regardless. It can't be that hard to do and I think getting to it is the hardest part. You have to remove your floorboard, side trims etc.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #16
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

I can get to it in 10 minutes, that's not the issue. it's testing it to see if its bad. we should have a sticky on testing a Mcore.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #17
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think you just need to test the range like 5k ohms to 0 depending on the pedal position and type controller, it can be reversed also.

I would also go through every connection, you just made a large upgrade shake it down well.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You're wasting your time doing the MCOR test. I told you what your problem was the other day. Your controller is mounted to the plastic controller cover. It needs to be mounted to metal, preferably with a heatsink on the opposite side of that metal. Heat cant travel through that plastic so it continues to build in your controller and shut the car down.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #19
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
You're wasting your time doing the MCOR test. I told you what your problem was the other day. Your controller is mounted to the plastic controller cover. It needs to be mounted to metal, preferably with a heatsink on the opposite side of that metal. Heat cant travel through that plastic so it continues to build in your controller and shut the car down.
Oh if this is the case then yes It should be mounted to the metal plate on your cart, this should be easy enough, also adding a heat-sink is worth it & would be easy to add, you have too much money tied up in the upgrades to burn your controller out. If you keep overheating it you'll damage it eventually.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:28 AM   #20
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
. . . why do people ask your advice and then not use it, and continue to ask others the same questions . . . ??? . . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car