lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2015, 12:30 PM   #1
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Bluetooth speaker/s for cart...???

With useable space being considered a premium, I've been looking at audio options other than a complete radio system installation for my cart. Some of the dash and overhead consoles seem to take up a lot of space, even though they will support some serious size speakers...

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts regarding the use of a smartphone, ipod or other bluetooth capable device which will provide a wireless feed to a high quality, external, waterproof bluetooth capable speaker...???

Thanks in advance...!!!
flkeysdude359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bluetooth speaker/s for cart...???

This is what i will be installing soon.. Really small but does everything you need and Bluetooth ready. still haven't decided on speakers yet.

Amazon.com : Fusion MS-RA50, AM/FM/AUX/iPOD-iPHONE/Bluetooth Ready Marine Stereo : Marine Fm Radio : MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com : Fusion MS-RA50, AM/FM/AUX/iPOD-iPHONE/Bluetooth Ready Marine Stereo : Marine Fm Radio : MP3 Players & Accessories

Gwagon
Gwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:09 AM   #3
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Before I installed the Enviroaudio system on my cart, I used the small rechargeable Bose Bluetooth speaker on my cart. The sound is absolutely incredible from these and they are quite small. There are other less expensive small options out there too.
jneubig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flkeysdude359 View Post
With useable space being considered a premium, I've been looking at audio options other than a complete radio system installation for my cart. Some of the dash and overhead consoles seem to take up a lot of space, even though they will support some serious size speakers...

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts regarding the use of a smartphone, ipod or other bluetooth capable device which will provide a wireless feed to a high quality, external, waterproof bluetooth capable speaker...???

Thanks in advance...!!!
Google "golf cart bluetooth amp" (no quotes) and pick from lots of options. I think marine products would be the best for golf cart use. I used polyplanar. I did this before bluetooth was common place so I have to plug my phone into the dash with a standard 3mm jack. Nothing in the dash but the plug connector and of course wiring back to the amp in the battery compartment. Phone controls everything.

I haven't seen any posts about this subject recently but I believe lots of guys have done this. Hopefully some who have done this with bluetooth equipment will chime in soon. Give it a little time.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #5
Steve Holchak
Getting Wild

Club Car

I use my ipod with a Bose bluetooth speaker=129.00 at best buy. Awsome sound and compact.
Steve Holchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:33 AM   #6
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holchak View Post
I use my ipod with a Bose bluetooth speaker=129.00 at best buy. Awsome sound and compact.
I bought one of these for my wife for Christmas. That was my first thought, "This would sound great in my cart". It's too bad you can't use two of them and feed them in stereo L-R instead of dual mono. I really don't see why anyone would need anything else.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #7
superchargermike
Not Yet Wild

You can use 2 of the Sounblaster Roars connected 2 each other for stereo and they put out a lot of high quality sound. They rock my Precedent. They are very handy speakers for other outings, on porch, camping and by the pool. Amazon has them for $129 each.
superchargermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:13 PM   #8
Drewfus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My work buddy brought one of these units in.."TREK Max A34 Wireless Weatherproof Speaker"
I haven't AB'd next to others, but it sounded pretty good. weatherproof, has FF, SKIP, pause which some units don't. Has a mic to answer calls if your streaming from your phone, say. Can charge devices through a USB output. Also an 1/8" input jack.
I think I might go with this once my wallet has cooled off a bit.
Drewfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car