lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
mrswans
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012, G29 Charging Question

We have owned the cart since new. Usally my charger went through the normal charge cycle and ended up with the green light when the charge was complete. We drive it and charge it daily, now for the last week it seems to be going through the boosting mode at the end of each charge for a few hours (red light flashing), then it goes to green. With a full charge I checked the batteries, between 8.49 and 8.71 volts. Hydrometer tested all between 1250 and 1300. Also, we unplug the charger when not in use.

This is what I read on the boosting : If the charger detects that the battery needs to be boosted ( equalised) then the pack continues to operate for an extra 4 hours . During boosting only the power led blinks.

Does it sound like I have a battery or charger issue?

Thanks
mrswans is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #2
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2012, G29 Charging Question

sounds like you may have a battery issue possibly one battery that is discharging quicker than the others during use and needs the boost to equalize the pack I would check the individual battery voltages after a regular use and before charging to see if you have one that is lower than the others.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It is going to do that periodically because any pack gets out of balance over time. Mine does it probably once every couple weeks. I charge it every day.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #4
mrswans
Not Yet Wild

I talked to the Yamaha dealer. Sounds like it is the batteries. It is less than 4 years old, so it sounds like it will be under warranty if it has less than 2,000 amp hours on the golf cart. They have to connect it to their computer, to check the amp hours.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
mrswans
Not Yet Wild

Good, 20,000. Do amp hours equate to hours driven at all?

Thanks
Old 08-19-2015, 03:00 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

No, but hours driven are recorded, and miles, and estimated rounds of golf.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #8
mrswans
Not Yet Wild

I drove it to the Yamaha dealer, it is still under warranty. I have to pay $50 delivery fee for them to take it to another store to get the batteries tested and $60 for the battery test.

They just called and said the batteries and the charger tested OK. But, I think my original problem will still be there. The last 7-10 days that we had used the cart and put it on the charger, it went into the boost mode with the red light flashing for about 4 hours every time. It had never done this before.

I think something is wrong if it goes into this boost mode now every time we charge it, which is usually once or twice a day.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #9
mrswans
Not Yet Wild

They tested the charger again and they think it is bad. They ordered a warranty replacement.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha