lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
jellyroll22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO total charge 2 problems

I am having some trouble with my 1995 36 volt series TXT. It has an alltrax 650 controller, heavy duty FNR, and 8hp motor. I ha e a set of Trojans that were brand new in the spring in it. Cart was AWESOME when the batteries got broke in. All summer I have seen a steady decrease in performance. I installed a digital voltmeter in the dash to keep an eye the pack.

I don't think my charger is working correctly. It doesn't seem to charge up to the appropriate level to turn off the charger. I also have never had the green 'charge complete' light cone on. This weekend I noticed after plugging in the cart to charge overnight it went off after about 40 minutes and the pack voltage was 37.9 when it turned off. I let it set for several hours and the pack settled to 37.6 which of course is not fully charged. I don't suspect the batteries as they were new. I also had problems with the set of batts I ran in this cart last summer but thought it was the batteries. Now I think the charger has been the problem the whole time.

I know these chargers aren't common, should I try to find the bad component ( board? Capacitors? ) and fix it or cut my losses and try to save these batteries and get a different charger? ( I currently am charging the batts up 2 at a time)

Anyone have any diagnostics or advice for this Total charge II?

jellyroll22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO total charge 2 problems

That is a huge picture to embed in a post. It really needs to be about half that width so people don't have to scroll sideways to read the text in your post.

Another option is to attach the picture (paperclip icon) rather than inserting it, that way the post width is normal and when the attachment is opened, it only fills a single screen. (It can still be viewed at full size by clicking on the image.)

I can help you troubleshoot the TC-II if you want, but do yourself and your batteries a favor and replace it with a DPI Accusense charger: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/chargers-36-48v.html

Hopefully, your relatively new batteries haven't been severely damaged by being left in a partially discharged state for an extended period of time.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

X2 what jonnie B said...i have a DPI and it is great!
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
jellyroll22
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys and sorry about the pic size.

New charger has been ordered.
jellyroll22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO