lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2023, 01:56 PM   #1
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Charger LockOut

I have a 1994 6-seat Club Car Transender which I converted from 36V to 48V. I have an onboard Charger, Lester Summit II 1050W, and an Alltrax SR48500 controller. I removed the OBC. I had some advice about removing the OBC and rewiring the charger, etc. I believe I did that correctly as it works, other than the lockout, which I'd like to have since I have grandchildren and others that do drive it occasionally. Since it was a conversion from 36V, some of the wiring is different than the Schematics. I have a V-Glide from the original cart. Most everything else has been upgraded. How do I wire the Charger Lockout?

P.S. I also lost my reverse buzzer in the process, but no one liked it anyway. Maybe, if it was a beeper they would be more tolerant.
joepiccaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2023, 02:30 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Charger LockOut

There are two ways to do this and you just need a 48v DC relay.
Which model # charger do you have? There were some differences in the re-design which they released a few years ago, and I would need to know which version you have to make sure you can get it hooked up and set-up properly in the App.

Reverse buzzer should be pretty simple. Make sure the buzzer is getting pack voltage, and then check that is is connected to the reverse micro- switch on the back of the FnR lever.
The Orange wire from the micro-switch needs to be connected to B-, at the controller.
The Red/White stripe wire from the switch goes to the buzzer.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:52 PM   #3
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks, FairTax. I have a model #30400, Summit II 1050W charger. It's like 2+ years old. It's the black one.

When you say 48V relay, is that a particular part, or if I search for Golfcart Relays I should find one easily?
Old 02-07-2023, 03:50 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

For an onboard charger, it's much easier to use a 110V relay that gets powered when the plug is inserted. (has to be powered up to work though) The relay when energized can then interrupt the key switch power to prevent the cart from running.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:59 PM   #5
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

OK, I think I understand. Thank you.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:04 PM   #6
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

OK, Guys, I don't understand it as well as I thought. Are there any schematics or drawings that show me how to do either the 48V relay or the 110V relay? I'm a visual learner.
And, remember, I no longer have an OBC. The charger is onboard and connected directly to the batteries. I hate asking such specific type questions, and I'll search for the answer and parts if you could point me in the right direction. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:59 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you use a 110V relay, the coil connects across your charger line input. The contacts would be NC so that they open when the relay is energized. You use those contacts to interrupt the key switch so the cart is unpowered when the charger is plugged in. This interlock won't work if you plug in a cord that isn't also plugged into the wall socket!
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 04:39 PM   #8
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thank You. I'll give that a try.
Old 02-13-2023, 10:01 AM   #9
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Agreed. With that charger you're better off using a 110v relay to cut the solenoid power. (easier to get to the wiring).
The relay coil side just goes in parallel with the AC input wires to the charger.
Use the NC contacts of the relay for the "kill" side. The relay will be Open when power is applied, so the key switch power to the solenoid is cut.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 09:26 AM   #10
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

would you happen to have a drawing, even a rough one, and a part number or a picture of the relay. When I search for relays, I find hundreds, if not more. I wasn't able to find any diagrams on the site, Sorry.

Tags
1994 transender, club car, summit ii charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car